The VG Resource

Full Version: New Brian (in the style of Family Guy Desk Buddy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, when VGR was down, I started working on a sprite sheet of another Family Guy character in the style of Family Guy Desk Buddy. This time, it's New Brian, from FG0705, "The Man With Two Brians".

First is the idle sprite:
[Image: n27k.png]

Next, it's the sheet itself, with some sprite parts. It's still a WIP.
[Image: sp4g.png]

What do you think so far? If I get it done, I may submit it to tSR once it's up and running again.

Update 1: Legs pushed back by one pixel, and sheet shortened to remove empty space.
Update 2: Left leg pulled forward by two pixels and edited.
Update 3: Redid sprites and parts due to a mistake I made in Simplector.
Update 4: Another redo. This time, his right eye.
Brian seems off-balance: maybe if you pushed back his legs slightly he would seem more stable?
If it's a WIP, you can afford to post what you're working on without the rest of the empty sheet.
What kind of animations have you got in store for this?
Quote:What kind of animations have you got in store for this?
Well, my tablet is running slowly today. I can't do much right now, but I plan to add sprites of N.B. playing his guitar, and his flute, and even do some walking sprites of him. I can also add sprites of him with a microphone in hand.

And this is a bit Family Guy related, but I'm doing a retake on my Vinny sprites, and making the sprites more like how he appears in Family Guy. But that's another story.

Anyway, what do you think how I did New Brian this time?
He still seems a bit off-balance. I think you should move the feet/lower parts of the legs a pixel or two to the left.
Paladin Wrote:I think you should move the feet/lower parts of the legs a pixel or two to the left.
Done with the left leg, which I've modified.
Finished the set of walking sprites.

First is the sprite strip for the sheet:
[Image: dyx7.png]

Next is the sprite animation:
[Image: r3s.gif]

What do you think so far?

Update 1: Sprites fixed due to a mistake I made in Simplector.
Update 2: Another redo. This time, his right eye.
The tail seems to not move at all while he walks, neither does the fur, or the handkerchief.
Animation looks a little stiff. The walking frames look good though.
You're gonna have to add the up and down body motion, and maybe tail motion too if your up to it.

It'll give definitely give it a more natural flow.
The main problem here is that only the legs and arms move. The whole body should respond to walking.
I've recently looked at Brian's walking sprites, and you guys were right. New Brian's body should have the up and down motion. So, I fixed the walking sprites.
[Image: bdHJQpi.png]
My problem with it as that the curve of the belly seems really angular.
That seems more like a straight diagonal like than an actual curve, and it's really visible in the above walking animation.
Sprites updated again. Had to make his right eye a little bigger.
Please post your updates in new posts instead of editing old ones. It gets confusing having to scroll around to find the latest stuff.

Anyway, the curve on the belly is still kinda awkward so I made an edit.
[Image: N5emlc2.png]
I erased the front arm and leg to see how the belly curves and then tried to make it more accurate to the cartoon version.
I also emphasized the ruffles on the chest and tried to do the same on the front leg but the problem with the leg is that it's difficult to show such small details with such a small resolution and without being able to AA.
I also edited the tail, and made it look more like the cartoon.
The back leg still has issues (mostly that it's pretty blocky) but I didn't edit that one.
Vipershark Wrote:Please post your updates in new posts instead of editing old ones. It gets confusing having to scroll around to find the latest stuff.
If you say so. By the way, I still have the original sprites archived in my Imageshack account.
Quote:Anyway, the curve on the belly is still kinda awkward so I made an edit.
[Image: N5emlc2.png]
I erased the front arm and leg to see how the belly curves and then tried to make it more accurate to the cartoon version.
I also emphasized the ruffles on the chest and tried to do the same on the front leg but the problem with the leg is that it's difficult to show such small details with such a small resolution and without being able to AA.
I also edited the tail, and made it look more like the cartoon.
The back leg still has issues (mostly that it's pretty blocky) but I didn't edit that one.
I like what you did. I'll accept it in my sheet. I'll update the front arm and leg, omitting the back arm. Good work. Wink
I'll be sure to give you credit for your help when the sheet is complete.
I only erased the front...back (the further) arm so I could fix the curve on the chest, but it's supposed to be there (and is even there in the cartoon version, as you can see) so you'll probably need to put that back in.

Edit- I also made a change to the far ear
[Image: RzlNasG.png]
Pages: 1 2