The VG Resource

Full Version: Name Changes disabled.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to disable the feature that allowed members and moderators to change their names every 45 days. It was being abused by several members, and mods, and it was becoming an irritation for everybody.

If you wish to have your name changed to your actual name, please post here, and we will work to accommodate this for you.
If I'm not TomGuycott (Or Tom Guycott, doesn't matter to me) at the moment, I think I'd prefer to change back to that if name changes are going to be gone.

Can confirm, I'm not at the moment. x: A change would be appreciated.
Hiynastrike or Hiyna S. Blackfeather... I personally prefer Hiyna S. Blackfeather
I have a question: Would it be possible to just make username changes every year as opposed to every month and a half? That way people can still change usernames without the system being as big a target for spam.
I'd like mine changed back to puggsoy (all lowercase) please. Sorry to everyone I've confused!
(04-10-2014, 05:37 PM)MandL27 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question: Would it be possible to just make username changes every year as opposed to every month and a half? That way people can still change usernames without the system being as big a target for spam.

This may or may not be possible depending on how Dazz wishes to run this site.

Although I'm willing to assume that on the rare occasion that you change your entire identity online, like I've done myself and a few other members here have as well, that they would be willing to accommodate the change. The staff here aren't unreasonable, but I'm sure they'd stop if you asked them to change your name every month or so.

I could be entirely wrong though so don't take my word as law.
(04-10-2014, 07:14 PM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2014, 05:37 PM)MandL27 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question: Would it be possible to just make username changes every year as opposed to every month and a half? That way people can still change usernames without the system being as big a target for spam.

This may or may not be possible depending on how Dazz wishes to run this site.

Although I'm willing to assume that on the rare occasion that you change your entire identity online, like I've done myself and a few other members here have as well, that they would be willing to accommodate the change. The staff here aren't unreasonable, but I'm sure they'd stop if you asked them to change your name every month or so.

I could be entirely wrong though so don't take my word as law.
Makes sense. I know that dA is famously irrational over this, forcing users to flipping PAY to change their username... Angry
Well username changes shouldn't be a common thing imo. It can also be stupidly time consuming to have to change 78474877777878990098790 usernames at the same time so I can understand it.

Usernames can still be changed by directly asking an administrator if you absolutely MUST change them but unless you're either
a) radically changing your internet persona
or
b) there's some sort of problem with your username
they really never should need to be changed.
Going by something different every month (or year, even) is frankly kind of stupid. There's no need for it and it just confuses people.
(04-10-2014, 08:25 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Usernames can still be changed by directly asking an administrator if you absolutely MUST change them but unless you're either
a) radically changing your internet persona
or
they really never should need to be changed.
Going by something different every month (or year, even) is frankly kind of stupid. There's no need for it and it just confuses people.

A thousand times this. It's literally exactly my stance on name changes. We are still capable of changing your username for you but each request will be taken on a case by case basis. Randomly changing names just got far too confusing.
Oh thank goodness! I was always so confused and never knew who was who. For the longest time I didn't where Mighty Jetters went to!
Bit of a bump- but could I please get my name changed to Reality Check?

(04-10-2014, 08:25 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]a) radically changing your internet persona
or

Pretty much this- both of them. x: You see, I named my internet self off of my fish, (get it? Betta? Then Alpha because... forget it.) but since then, he's passed away... and I didn't think it would be fitting to stay as this.

Of course, if I need to get my post count up or stay here a bit longer before that can happen, I understand.
Done.
(05-09-2014, 06:26 AM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Done.

Thanks a bunch!