The VG Resource

Full Version: Joylancer - Tyvon's new game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey remember tyvon?

Yeah he's still making games
and they're cool games

right now he's making a thing called Joylancer
http://a6productions.itch.io/joylancer

[Image: WWpynQ.png]

and you should buy it because it's cool

yes I'm advertising his game because he's trying to make his rent lol, but it is a pretty interesting game anyways

[Image: bRiSb0.png]

it's basically combining a boosting game with tyvon's fighting genre sensibilities, so the combat is relatively deep for a booster
the game's Treasure influence also shines quite a bit (in ways that I don't necessary think are always positive, but that's just me lol)

[Image: GXw3gO.png]

he's still working on it, so new features get added over time, but so far there's already about five different levels, including a sort of time-trial-like adventure mode and a wave-spawning gauntlet mode

video:
I tried playing it awhile ago, but the controls felt extremely unintuitive. I love dashing mechanics in games, but the controls made me feel repeatedly restricted when they should've just let me flow around.
Booted up Windows really quick to give this a try, here's some of my thoughts:
Fighting enemies is a pretty tedious affair so far, the dash attack is sort of cool, and the dodge manuever works well. About all I can say really.
Really wish I could access the controls(I go to the Options Menu, and it says esc - Controls, but I just get booted back to the intro screen), not because anything needs to be changed, but I'll notice I'll occasionally pick an enemy up, and throw them, or do something else, and I have no clue how I did it as I'm just swinging away at giant groups of enemies, and half of the time I lose where I'm at in the swarm.
I can hardly even tell whats going on... there's not much readability