The VG Resource

Full Version: Activation and Other Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, not a single email has gone out from either of our sites in over a month. We thought we had fixed the email problem on February 20 (and for the most part, we did) but apparently, shortly thereafter, the service that processed our outgoing mail crashed and we had no idea. Dazz texted me this morning saying that we needed to get this resolved and I said I had been thinking the same thing yesterday when the potential solution suddenly hit me.

I logged into the server, checked the status of the mail server, saw it was stopped, and restarted it. Within a couple of seconds, my phone had over 100 notifications of new mail - messages that had been queued but never sent over the last month. After sorting through the ones that weren't requests for help with activation, I have about 60 to go through between both sites to get peoples' accounts activated.

So, if you've recently registered, check your email - you may have gotten the activation link today in the flood of messages that went out. If you didn't, fear not - over the next day or two, I'll be going through the 60 or so requests I have in front of me now and manually activating accounts for those who have requested help. If you haven't done so yet and you still can't find or receive your activation email, contact me via the site's form and I'll get you taken care of.

Thank you for your patience and hopefully, this will once and for all end our mail server problems!
Hello, I actually experienced the problem, and I tried joining the forums for about 4 days ago, and just yesterday did I received the 13 emails that I tried re-sending, So yeah, it should be fixed.
Just to confirm something, the mail system in called ecelerity, right?
(04-01-2014, 05:54 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]Just to confirm something, the mail system in called ecelerity, right?

Um... no? What led you to that assumption?
Quote:This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

This is the first sentence of every Mail Delivery Failure e-mail I've gotten.
Ah, okay. What you're likely seeing is the bounce message from your ISP's server, which must be using Ecelerity for its mail system because we're certainly not.

Also, in re-reading my previous reply, I realize it came off kind of snippy, which I didn't intend. I was just genuinely confused.