The VG Resource

Full Version: New Jump Stars Game (J-Stars Victory Vs)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Omg it looks amazing it's a real shame it's gonna be japan only like the rest of them.

here's the trailer it's pretty epic 0.0

what do you guys think?

also here's a wiki about the game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-Stars_Victory_Vs

it's already been out since march 19 actually.
I wish we could see some gameplay.

Also, good to see some focus on Gintama in the trailer.
there is gameplay here is a video of some

Knowing nothing about anime or this series, all I want to know is why Sailor Moon isn't in it.
Bobobo's in it, that's all that matters to me
Speaking of the nose hair wonder, what has been BoBoBo up to ever since his manga and anime ended? I haven't been keeping track of it very well, so a possible reboot would be news to me if that would be the case.
yusuke urameshi's in it, that's all that matters to me
Yuck, I don't like the shift from the platform esque brawling to the 3d plane. Visuals look severely outdated, and gameplay looks really boring.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I like the new 3rd person perspective...
Gameplay looks weird. Like the Attack on Titan 3DS game.
Though, I don't really care about the visuals.
My group of pals have been following this one regularly since it's announcement. They are all huge manga fans, while I might've watched a couple episodes of Bleach, Naruto, Toriko, and One Piece. Most familiar with Dragon Ball Z of course, and it's a let down that fucking Vegeta got in over Piccolo. I also don't recognize many of the WAN PEACE characters, as I guess they decided against adding more of Luffy's crew? Opting for different characters.

(btw Toriko is such a badass anime/manga thing like wow 10/10)
(03-25-2014, 12:23 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]Knowing nothing about anime or this series, all I want to know is why Sailor Moon isn't in it.

Sailor Moon is published by Kodansha while the Jump characters are published by Shueisha. Having Sailor Moon (while I agree it would be awesome) would be like having Superman in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
(03-25-2014, 01:08 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: [ -> ]yusuke urameshi's in it, that's all that matters to me

pretty much. it wouldve been cool to see kuwabara as well. oh well...
i'm surprised no Shaman King or Inuyasha characters made an appearance?

I think this has all the characters. I could be wrong.
All I gotta say is, I'm really surprised how far back they went with this. I remember when that zodiac anime came out.
(03-25-2014, 03:54 PM)senjen Wrote: [ -> ]i'm surprised no Shaman King or Inuyasha characters made an appearance?

InuYasha is published by Shogakukan, although they have a history with Shueisha that is similar to Namco and Capcom (actually Shogakukan and Shueisha have much closer ties, Shueisha kind of being the child of Shogakukan. Despite this, they are separate business and intelluctal entities).

Edit: It would have been nice to have a few more female characters in there, and some less human ones. Moka Akashiya (Rosario + Vampire) would have been neat, and Tokiko from Busou Renkin. Arale is cool, although she doesn't really seem to fit in very well. They could have gone with a greater range of heights and body types to make the chibi characters less awkward... Krillin or something.

Still, this seems pretty cool. I'd love to get a copy (and the original SuperStars games) over here, but alas, it'll never happen.
Pages: 1 2