The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario and Luigi Dream Team sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ATTENTION:
I, Half a Mind, have dedicated this thread to obtaining Mario and Luigi Dream Team sprites via the Internet. Anyone willing to help out may submit there sprites to this thread page. I will give credit to anyone who can help out. Lets show these guys at Nintendo what for! Just because the sprites are blurry on screen doesn't mean it's not possible! Why, I've got half a mind!
-Half a Mind

If you want to post your sprites, then add them to your comment, or E-mail me.

CHECK IT OUT, YO! This is our starting sheet. I have a couple more sprites but we will get to that later...
[Image: 2647.png]
And I'm just getting STARTED! although the Fly-Guy sprite I kinda goofed up...

And check out this cool animated gif I got of Luigi's 16 Idle Overworld sprites!
[Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif]
Hey! A family member! Welcome fellow fraction!
Alright... lets get down to business. I got my first sprites from the Super Mario Wiki. That could be our starting base. But if anyone knows a better place, PM me, or post a reply.
Where to start with this one... I suppose a welcome is in order so we'll begin with that! I see you joined in January but these are your first posts so welcome, officially, to the community! You should take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with how things work around here and the rules set up for the site and each section as well. I'm going to go over the issues present in this thread not specifically to call you out but because it's a good, quick learning opportunity.

First, the list:
1. This reads like a request, which isn't allowed outside of the requests forum.
2. It's in the wrong section of the forum. The Site Discussion section is really for issues pertaining to the site and the forum as a whole, not specific games or small, one-off projects.
3. You've provided no basis to start with - it's just basically "let's get x from the internet."
4. Even neglecting all of the above, we don't currently have a 3DS section because, as far as I know, 3DS emulation isn't quite there yet. I could be wrong in that regard though.

So, I'm going to close and move this thread and ask you to just read over what I wrote here and the site's rules. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Edit:
Re-opening this as he PMed me stating that he had already started and has content to share here. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though.
Don't you guys think it's cool?
To celebrate the 200th view, I've added more sprites to my new sheet! I will upload it soon. I still LOVE these gifs! thanks, Super Mario Wiki!
[Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif][Image: Luigi_Dream_Team.gif]
(03-18-2014, 07:03 AM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you guys think it's cool?

eh, it's ok

how are you ripping these btw?
(03-18-2014, 11:12 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2014, 07:03 AM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you guys think it's cool?

eh, it's ok

how are you ripping these btw?

Well, It's quite simple. I get a digital camera, snap a pic, and REPLICATE the sprites. About the Fly-Guy, I just got it REAL close to the screen, and traced it's graphics. I think, however, that I messed it up.
Isn't that Wario sprite made by Frario/Michafrar?
You mean this sprite sheet, right?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...eet/17422/

I can see where you are getting at this, but there's enough differences based on what I see that would otherwise debunk the idea that it's only an edit of Frario's sprites.
(03-19-2014, 06:48 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]You mean this sprite sheet, right?

I can see where you are getting at this, but there's enough differences based on what I see that would otherwise debunk the idea that it's only an edit of Frario's sprites.

Nonononononooooo... Your missing the point! I want people to help CONTRIBUTE to my sprite work! I will admit that the wario and waluigi are NOT my sprites. But that is just not what I'm typing about!
You can't submit work that isn't your own, though.
To elaborate on what Ton said, unless you received the permission of the original spriters and credit them first, it's never a good idea to attempt got submit sprites that aren't yours in the first place. Even if you did get the permission, though, it would still be better if they posted the sprites themselves.

I know you are eager to help this web site and you want to have M&L 4 sprites as soon as possible, but I think it would be best if you give this project a rest for now. Considering that a 3DS emulator does not exist right now and the way that you are replicating the sprites is rather cumbersome and not too accurate. I'm not saying that you should give up. Instead, I'm suggesting that maybe it would be best to wait until an emulator comes out first before anyone even thinks about ripping the sprites. Otherwise, you would be going through a lot of effort to painstakingly recreate the sprites through an unwieldy method and have all that hard work be for nothing once someone succeeds at a more accurate and faster way to rip the sprites.
(03-22-2014, 11:19 AM)Half A Mind Wrote: [ -> ]WARNING
THREAD IS GOING TO BE CLOSED UNTIL 3DS EMULATION IS POSSIBLE, OR MABYE SOONER THAN THAT. UNTIL THEN, CIAO.

You know, another solution (Although it may not be recommended) Is to take HD images from a 3DS capture card and replicate the sprites that way. or is that essentially what you just said?
(03-19-2014, 06:48 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]You mean this sprite sheet, right?

Nope, I meant this:
http://michafrar.tumblr.com/post/5598551...-gave-it-a
Pages: 1 2 3 4