The VG Resource

Full Version: Plight of Sotham (Pukey Pixel Art Update)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
!For the GameDev thread, click here!

Okay, so while I don't have plans to make money from this game, I figured if I'm using original music and sounds, I should deviate from the whole Zelda GBC look.

I want to keep it 8-Bit, (Or as close as possible.) I'll upload what I have here, make a list of what I need, and anyone who wants to help, can!

I really need help with selecting an original palette. I have no clue how to go about doing something like that.

[Image: sprites.png]

Here's what I have now. The main character, who needs to be done in an original style. I don't know how to sprite a person that's 16x16 in 8 bit without it looking too much like Zelda or Pokemon.

The Kogg enemy should be fine though, once he has a new palette. Everything so far uses the GBC Zelda palette. I'm gonna start on a tileset to upload as well.

Things I need to do:

-Redo Player Sprite
-Undead Enemies
-Mech Enemies
-Palette!
[Image: tiles.png]

Got a tile palette done, I think. It's taken straight from GBC Zelda, but all of the dark colors. I want the game to feel washed out, but I'm not sure there are enough colors yet. Started some tiles, a Pot, Grasses, some stone flooring and gravel, and some brick walls. No roof yet.

EDIT:

What do I do? The head doesn't seem right to me. It's supposed to be a gross golden statue, depressed, with a bloodish liquid leaking from it's mouth.
[Image: png.png]
I'd lower the number of teeth on your cog to make it more readable.

If the gold statue is meant to be in the same game, well the style seems extremely different.
(03-04-2014, 07:27 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]I'd lower the number of teeth on your cog to make it more readable.

If the gold statue is meant to be in the same game, well the style seems extremely different.

I think it looks good animated, I can upload a gif in a bit and show you what I mean, and see if you still think the readability is poor.

The statue is supposed to be a cutscene of sorts. It's a concept for a boss, I like the idea of a pixel art of the boss showing up on the screen before you fight it. The sprite version will be much more in style.

Edit: [Image: output_0wtMSZ.gif?t=1393980147]
Ooh, 8 directions. Nice.
Could we see a mockup, maybe?
(03-07-2014, 06:51 PM)LunchPolice Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, 8 directions. Nice.
Could we see a mockup, maybe?

I'll link you to a demo, then. Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p328q0...ch6POS.exe

Controls:
Cool, a demo. Even better! Tongue
Huh. The link doesn't seem to work.
(03-07-2014, 07:23 PM)LunchPolice Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, a demo. Even better! Tongue
Huh. The link doesn't seem to work.

Maybe this one? http://www.mediafire.com/download/p328q0...ch6POS.exe
woah dude this is a really cool demo. id love to try composing for this, but i already have enough projects to work on OTL
(03-07-2014, 08:02 PM)recme Wrote: [ -> ]woah dude this is a really cool demo. id love to try composing for this, but i already have enough projects to work on OTL

I have a composer, actually...but I really, really need a spriter. Programming is taking almost all of my time at this point, and I can't keep making new areas using Link's Awakening tilesets, that just makes more work for me later, haha. So if there are any takers... Ouch!