The VG Resource

Full Version: Rigging Models Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've got my 3D model ripped from the game (several actually, thanks again Friedslick6!) but as it turns out, I'm not very good at rigging. As in, I can't even do it properly with pre-rendered stuff.

I'll cut straight to the chase, I'm not sure which option(s) I'm supposed to select. I'll take a pre-rigged SMD file for the best visual example (which I removed the mesh from and replaced it with an identical OBJ mesh file to see if I could get it right).

Yeah, it didn't go so well.

As you can see, the vertices keep splitting. What option / boxes should I be selecting for this? I have tried rigging from scratch using the official guide, but whenever I apply to 'bone heat' I'm told Blender couldn't find it correctly. As far as I'm aware, I don't have a problem getting the armatures set up, it's just... Getting them to stop splitting when I move an arm up (since some of the models I'd like to submit are in a terrible position, and the game never shows them in any less awkward poses).

I'm using Blender 4.9b, as well as 6.9 (which I'm less familiar with). Sorry for such a newbish question.
Try welding the vertices by a low threshold
Late response, but thanks, that worked!