The VG Resource

Full Version: SMW TRUE 8-bit tileset & NSMB style SMB tileset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, dear spriterz! Tongue

I've made TWO (golly! Surprise) tilesets from two different games with two different styles.

Super Mario World TRUE NES 8-bit style tileset:
[March 2nd, 2014 - UPDATEVery Sad Added Mario's animations (Not complete) / Minor changes]

[Image: XRT1D43G1M.png]

And after 3 years of waiting, I've finally updated my NSMB style SMB tileset:

[Image: LaXTyLUR7A.png]

Link to the original thread from 2011:
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-18148.html
(I was named MaxiSpriter back then and I was 11 years old, therefore "illegal" for TSR... and me anglais sucked)

I may sumbit my sheets to TSR.

Tell me of what you think! Feedbacks are always welcome! Wink
By true you mean 3+1 and are you using the NES palette?
Yep! Exactly. It is 100% true! No bullshet! Same palette, same limitations. You could put this in a real NES ROM with YYCHR (a NES/SNES/GB/GBA... etc. graphics editor).

Cute
for the little bonus as you call it, you should make mario's sleeve red, and the overalls black rather

as for the nes limitations
a single level (scrollable screen) contains 4 palettes for the tiles (tiles cannot be animated) and 4 palettes for sprites (can be animated)

as such all the blocks that move must draw their palettes from the sprite allocates
and no matter what level we're talking about, mario's palette must be among the 4 sprite palettes
What you mean by that is that I must have one palette for Mario, one for the Question Block and spinning blocks and the coins (which share the same palette) and one for the P switch (I guess) as well as one for the ground, one for the hit block etc...

I didn't even know! Thanks, I should inform myself before claiming such things! Tongue

As for the "lil' bonus", I will make some changes to improve it and maybe do more of Mario's animations sprites.

I'm still wating for feedbacks on my NSMB sprites! Cute

Edit:
UP-A DATED! Big Grin (see first post)
There is actually a Super Mario World pirate game for the NES. Spriters resource has even the playable characters and enemy sheets for it.

Maybe you want to play it for some tileset inspirations.
(03-02-2014, 04:59 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]There is actually a Super Mario World pirate game for the NES. Spriters resource has even the playable characters and enemy sheets for it.

Maybe you want to play it for some tileset inspirations.

What a Holy Jolly Golly great idea! Big Grin
I'll give the game a try (if I can find the ROM) and take a look at the sprites sheets!