The VG Resource

Full Version: Sci-Fi-ish Font - Garblish Alphabet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An alien species of octopuses, the Garblish, has adapted the latin alphabet to their language, the Garblish Language (Stfööçàdfz in their language).

In this thread I will post my work on the font and since I'm a little lazy, I'll do it four letters at a time.

[Image: scififont.png]

Alright you might be lost by what you just read, so here is a brief explanation:
I'm not too terribly experienced with pixel fonts, but one thing is apparent (mainly on the "B"): you may need just a twinge more anti-aliasing on some spots on the letters. The lack of anti-aliasing causes it to look rough and almost jagged in some parts compared to other areas that have more anti-aliasing.

Since I'm more of a visual learner myself when it comes to pixel art (thus I'm better at instructing in a visual manner), I edited around your "A" and "B" letters a little bit to give them more anti-aliasing.
[Image: vfFFjCB.png]
[Image: qJvX9HD.png]
It's a very small difference...but at the same time can be a large one. I'm aware that anti-aliasing on the white won't help with, for instance, differently colored text or backgrounds...but just to get technical, you could alter the opacity of each shade of anti-aliasing. Just mentioning this as a future rebuttal...
(02-25-2014, 07:52 PM)Speed-X Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware that anti-aliasing on the white won't help with, for instance, differently colored text or backgrounds...but just to get technical, you could alter the opacity of each shade of anti-aliasing. Just mentioning this as a future rebuttal...
And that's why I don't usually use more than 3 shades of grey for anti-aliasing, so that I can "recolour" it depending on the colour of the background and the colour of the letters.

Thanks for the tip, I was actually worried that I had put on too much anti-aliasing!!
New letters coming soon