The VG Resource

Full Version: Guardian of the Stars in DT style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been a long time since I've uploaded a sprite here! I've decided to try and see if I could make a sprite in the new Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Style (even though there is almost no good references to go off by). This is what I've gotten.

**NOTE Mario's and Luigi's Sprites were ripped by Ridge Troopa (I've forgot to post that in the photo, I will do so in another edit). So if you want to use those (or my Rosalina) Please give credit.

[Image: Rosalina_Size_Chart_zps9414e72f.png]

So, what do you think?
Moving to the spriting section.
I'd say the colors blend too much. Next to the Mario Bros., her colors make her look a little too "soft" (i.e. too light and even). Granted, light blue is a weird color to deal with, and having a blonde with yellow earrings hardly makes it better...you should up the contrast a bit, anyway.

The rim of her gown sticks out strangely next to the darkest shade of blue (teal?), not sure it's working out the way you intended. The underdress sticks out a little too much, and I'm almost certain it's supposed to be white; the shading also makes it look too puffy, I think you want to give it more of a fold-like texture.

Hope that helps!
As appealing as the M&L4 style is, one of its downsides is the lift shading that doesn't offer much in terms of contrast. Like Iocus suggested, try to give it a little more contrast to make the shading stand out. Also, don't forget to employ hue shifting!