The VG Resource

Full Version: ooo what do we have here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 40b14LI.gif]

gimme dem critss
wobbles too much, try animating it slower
[Image: N8GcDL6.gif]

currently working on the running animation
Looks like he's trying grind on someone.
(02-15-2014, 09:09 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he's trying grind on someone.

ah yes, thank you for your comment. i dont think that can help in any way but okay
And why wouldn't it help?
I don't think he meant to be offensive, and I think an outsider's impression of what he sees is always a valuable thing to hear.

It's up to you to interpret it, really. If he doesn't know how to tell you how to fix it, but at least intuitively feels like there's something wrong, then it's within his rights to say so.
its pretty hard to understand since his comment is pretty vague. i get that there may be a problem, but how can i tell? if he doesnt know how to tell me how to fix it, then how can i tell?

disregarding that, i made a running animation, but it is still in progress

[Image: S7fNEBA.gif]
(02-16-2014, 06:34 PM)recolorking Wrote: [ -> ]if he doesnt know how to tell me how to fix it, then how can i tell?

That's...kind of your job as an artist. If he can be specific, that's great, but otherwise, you are the one who has to figure it out. I don't think you should ever discourage people from pointing out what they see about your work. It's always good to know how others are perceiving it. If you can't figure it out, then that's your problem, not his.

(02-16-2014, 06:34 PM)recolorking Wrote: [ -> ]disregarding that, i made a running animation, but it is still in progress

[Image: S7fNEBA.gif]

Have you considered turning his head in profile view during the run cycle? It's always weird to see side-view running bodies but 3/4 view heads.

Also the head keeps jutting left and right, but I don't think it should...it seems sort of disconnected from the flow of the body because of it?
[Image: yKbzhuT.gif]
For the idle, the shaded spot on the hair moves much too drastically in the second frame. I'm aware that the hair moves, but I really have the feeling that it's only necessary to either move the shading around just one pixel in width, or to just keep it how it is in the first frame. There's a similar problem with the shading on that side of his head/face area in the first frame. Once again, I would go for something closer to the second frame, because those little inconsistencies causes it to look choppy. Also, seconding the suggestion that you should try to just make the animation slower. By like, 3/100 of a second (so at 14 instead of 11). It makes a really big difference when you have something so small.

By the way, I'm trying out the frame speed and analyzing each frame with Graphics Gale as I type this. (I freaking love Graphics Gale Heart )

Hoping I could be of help. :> Probably too long of a post for something so small though, hahah.
bop-bop-bop-bop-bop-bop-bop-bop
xD
Warned for Necroposting

(OP message a staff member to reopen the thread if you make any updates)