The VG Resource

Full Version: Xeno series question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since I first heard about that "Project X" way back in mid-2013, which looks like a really epic game, and is apparently going to be a new entry in the Xeno series, I've always wanted to play a Xeno game, and so I'd like to know which one I should start out with.

I'm thinking about starting with Xenoblade Chronicles, since I usually hear that that's the best one in the series. But at the same time, I heard that Chronicles didn't have robots or mechs in it, which is a big staple in the series, and that Project X marks their return. (from what my best friend on Steam told me)

Which would you recommend I start with, and which would you say is the best? And is the absence of robots or mechs in Chronicles really that bad?
just letting you know Xenoblade Chronicles lags really bad on the dolphin emulator, so you might want to obtain an actual copy, i played a little on the dolphin emulator now i want an actual copy -.- (note the actual copies are extremely expensive)

one person i saw on ebay is selling all four brand new copies for more than $2000 0.0 (you would have to buy all 4 that's his deal -.-)

i only played 30 minutes on the dolphin emulator and i'm hooked, (first time trying it)
Xeno isn't really a series so much as it is a bunch of games with vague references to each other.
I -hated- xenoblade chronicles. I have no idea why it's popular. Granted, I haven't beaten it, but the characters have less personality than silent protagonists, there are so many boring sidequests that drive my completionist side crazy, and I really just don't think the combat system is fun. The environments are kind of pretty I guess? Regardless, I don't like a single thing about it.

There are plenty of robots in it though, so I don't know where he got that from.

I haven't played the other xeno- games so I can't comment on those.
(02-05-2014, 01:13 AM)Kriven Wrote: [ -> ]Xeno isn't really a series so much as it is a bunch of games with vague references to each other.

Still, you know what I mean. The games may not be related to one another, but they are all part of a series.

Anyway, which would you recommend I start with, and which would you say is the best?
Okay, so I talked to my friend on Steam about it, and he said that I could start with any one of them. He said that they're all really good, but his personal favorite is Xenogears.

I think I'll start with either Xenogears or Xenoblade Chronicles. Plus, the Gamestop in town is selling Chronicles for only $60, so...
Man your so lucky to be able to find copies of Xenoblade Chronicles at your local game store even $60 for it is a steal.

I have looked everywhere where i live and no stores have any copies not even EB Games has any copies.
Xenoblade Chronicles is probably one of the best Wii games ever made, I'm currently playing it for 135 hours and I'm still on Lv. 76 (there are enemies which have Lv. 99 so there's plenty to do).

Story and characters are outstanding in comparison with other RPGs , combat system is the best I've seen in a long time and you can travel from checkpoint to checkpoint with just a single click, plus controlling ingame-time and equipping jewels to your equipment to make it stronger.

Ah yeah, and of course it has mechas in all forms and sizes (from dog-size to Olympus Mons-size, everything is there).
If I remember rightly Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't originally supposed to be part of the game series, the original title was "Monado: Beginning of the World", but because of how well it turned out and because it was developed by Tetsuya Takahasi (who worked on the other xeno games) it got rebranded.

Little bit of trivia for you there.

also it's a pretty good game.
IT'S REYN TIME.