The VG Resource

Full Version: I'm baaaaaaaack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys looks like I'm alive after all. Subscribed to too many forms to keep track of and I guess I forgot this one existed. Anyway on with the things.

[Image: se5t.png]
Oh yeah, only posting a few recent things. I'm on my phone right now so it's a pain to flip between tabs in this browser. Copy paste isn't easy either.(running a custom Rom, it's a bit buggy with a few things)
[Image: b8c.png]
Did I post this one before? If I did this is an update

I apologize for the format on the next one, I forgot to upload the actual mugs, it's a screenshot from my fe8 hack.

[Image: 7vox.png]

And this last one is the same as the first one, just different clothing, it's unfinished though, I want to do sometHing else with the clothes. Not sure what though.
[Image: w0s6.png]

Edit: I'll try to remember that this place exists but i can't make any promises. give me a day or two and I won't be back for another month at least. it's not on purpose, i just don't think straight anymore.
All of your image links appear to be broken. I'm not sure of the proper formatting for those URLs so I can't really correct them for you. How did you obtain them?
They appear fine to me.
You should be able to see them, it's just from imageshak. Never had a problem putting pictures up on anything. sorry if you can't see them, but I'm not sure I could do anything different with it.
It's nice to see some Fire Emblem stuff, but the image quality seems a bit JPG-ish.
Does the image quality suffer because of imageshack or something else?
Everything I splice together are png rips from the games themselves, so yeah it's probably imageshack. Then again my terrible shading skills don't help much with that. Other than the jpeg-ish issue what else is going on here that I can fix/improve. I'm haVing problems coming up with new stuff due to lack of time so I figured I'd go back to some of my older things and fix them.
(01-31-2014, 09:39 AM)zac122 Wrote: [ -> ]Other than the jpeg-ish issue what else is going on here that I can fix/improve?

Well, they are pretty nice, but the guy with the bandana seems to have a misplaced light pixel on his chinline. Also, on the image with the two people and the BG, the old guy's head seems a bit squished together.
sorry about the delay, i haven't had access to the internet till today. the light pixel is fixed and i'm currently working on the squished head thing. probably won't get uploaded though because my internet connection is really slow right now(i'm talking like 50 kb/s slow) on the bright side i should get a few good mugs done within the next two days if my eye doesn't give me any problems.(it's been getting progressively worse over the last year or so, gonna need glasses soon if that keeps up) so you guys can expect to see new stuff/old fixed stuff by saturday or sunday maybe.

anyway here's that one thing that i'll be able to get up for tonight. i might put the fix of the old guy later, not sure.

[Image: g6wj.png]
[Image: lot7.png]

well it's by no means finished, but as a start how's the fix looking? sorry i don't have more to show for the weekend. i've been a bit busy, didn't get home till yesterday around 9 and i just wanted to sleep at that point. it was a really long week.
I'd be interested to see what kind of custom work you can do outside of sprite-splices. it can be a little rough starting with making from scratch, but part of why we're here is to help learn from the bumps and bruises we've all gone through as spriters.
These are pretty well done splices (I'm not familiar with the style in question, but I've seen tons of really bad splices, believe me) but I'd like to see what kind of stuff you can do on your own to peer a little bit into how we could help you grow as a Spriter.
if you really want to see some custom work i can put something up later, but i warn you: it is a total disgrace to anything that is, was, or shall be spriting. I mean it really is bad. I guess i can work on something this week though and put it up on friday or saturday. sorry about the weekend thing, i don't have access to a computer during the week for the most part, and today i've got plans to play league with my friends whenever they get on(just moved from maryland to texas so the only way i can keep in touch with them is through skype and video games). anything in particular you'd like to see? i stick mostly to fire emblem type stuff but i suppose i could branch off to something else if it's going to be custom anyway.
yes, you have some techniques due to your splicing skills, but we'll be glad to help you get better at original works too.
Not to worry, it can't be anymore of a disgrace to spriting than what we've seen in the past. Big Grin
sorry about the super long delay, i know i said i would have it done like a week or two ago but my laptop broke and i had to buy a new one. anyway what i'm getting at here is i have to restart the work on my custom mug so it could be another week or two before i finish it. Don't you just love technology?