The VG Resource

Full Version: color [deadline: 01/15/2014] (2 hours remaning)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Weird... someone sent me this bunch of solid colors.

[Image: xmRRvJE.png]

Naturally I would discard them but since they're somewhat interesting, here goes a challenge for you all. try making a sprite with those 5 colors plus white.

obviously, the attempters won't be unrewarded, so I'll be sure to give you something if you try Wink
Well, considering how limited the palette was, this is the best I could come up with with the colors given. I don't know about how the trunk turned out, but I love how the green color goes great with the periwinkle.

[Image: TreeSpriteexp_zpsd09795de.png?t=1389474581]
The RGB values weren't multiples of 8, so my OCD had me fix that before I started using them. Other than that, how about a cute cartoon mouse?

[Image: ColorTSR_zps1daa5ce0.png]
Does the background count towards the usage of white or does it have to be present within the sprite itself?
I sort of took it as the default background color, and the sprites that want to use it, basically are "transparent" in the places white would be used, and put over a white background. Basically, how the Gameboy Color handled it, like with the Pokemon Sprites. Sprites that use three colors (black, red, and maybe a darker red) overlayed over a white background to simulate the use of 4 colors. NES did the same, but it's background color was black.
I thought I would give it a try, but then this happened...
[Image: payne5colorexample-11.png]

made another edit

[Image: payne5colorexample-12.png]
@Koh, contain your OCD. everyone is using the color as-is, so i dont see why you´d need to use different colors from anyone else. Fix it or else you will not be qualified in the challenge.
[Image: r3TgJPg.png]

the only thing i thought of when i saw those colors
Well if you insist, here's the non-multiple of 8 version

[Image: ColorTSRNon-Fix_zpsd0a441e1.png].

I'm just used to having clean RGB values to work with on my colors when I sprite. Really helps when I do color shifting and what not. Payne objects to me possibly winning anyway, btw.
[Image: ANzaWnU.png]
It's like the colors were made for her.
[Image: SqD9ExQ.png]

I'm not sure what this is but I like it
Okay entering challenges and just making stuff on a whim for said challenges is rather fun.
I've one issue:
[Image: lq7n.png]
Could someone tell me what I just made?
[Image: 2dbsd4y.png]
I think it is a turtle.
[Image: crystal.png]

I don't know

It's been a while, I can see that I'm pretty rusty
I'm so creative (also rusty).

[Image: 6iaNm.png]
Pages: 1 2