The VG Resource

Full Version: Arrgh, I'm a pirate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: wgrl1y.png]
Eye? your a pirate?

[Image: you_are_a_pirate.jpg]

Anyways, It looks pretty good, Its M&L style right?
You mean "Aye? Yer a pirate?"

No, it's not M&L. I was going for KSSU style.
Too dull, no real black inside the sprite--minus the eyes--, add more blending near the top, the skull is deformed, the hat angle appears off and misshapen around the right side, the right arm appears smaller than the left. Also one peg leg is shorter than the other. I understand you were trying to make the right one raised one pixel above the left, but you should not sacrifice its size for that goal.

...It's a start, but not quite KSSU/Advance style.
(09-30-2008, 06:10 AM)Geo the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Too dull, no real black inside the sprite--minus the eyes--, add more blending near the top, the skull is deformed, the hat angle appears off and misshapen around the right side, the right arm appears smaller than the left. Also one peg leg is shorter than the other. I understand you were trying to make the right one raised one pixel above the left, but you should not sacrifice its size for that goal.

...It's a start, but not quite KSSU/Advance style.

The oddly shaped skull and dullness were intended (although I could brighten it a little bit). I'll try to fix everything else.
[Image: 347ieq1.png]

upmate
Give him a hook for a hand.
Dutchman Kirby

And he could totally work with a hook, like nitro said.
And a eye patch.
Pretty cool though.
A beard would be interesting.
I'm thinking of making a whole crew so peg legs, an eyepatch, a hook, and a beard all on one pirate is kind of overkill. I'll only give him one more pirate feautre.
Make 3 versions: one with the eye patch, one with the hook and the other with the peg leg. So you chose which one you enjoy more and/or the features you want to combine (like hook+peg leg or eye patch+peg leg)... You can also add him or a scar or a beard, to add the menacing design, ya know?
My god, what are you doing? ;-;

It looks... interesting.
The form needs some work so it doesn't look deformed, but it's not bad.
We'll see how it looks on the next update.
upmate

whatever
[Image: 8yuqg6.png]

hook or eyepatch or neither?