The VG Resource

Full Version: Eet ees Russian Robin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ngvogf7.gif]
[Image: mMJqg0Z.png]

He's supposed to be some bad-ass robin. It's been way too long since I've last sprited, so I'm pretty sure this'll need some good old fashioned C+C
Here's a few things from another rusty as hell spriter Wink

- Arms are noodly, and the his right arm looks longer than his left
- Legs are way to locked up, get some bending and some better placement of his feet, as that would be a weird way to stand
- I'm feeling like the jacket isn't done yet, so I won't say anything about that
- it's a little hard to tell it's a robin, you should try getting some distinguishing features of a robin in on that sucker

Other than that, I'm liking the concept, and can't wait to see when it's completely done Smile
That looks like a TFR sprite

Also you could add tailfeathers and that should help with identification.
[Image: sHT0Yfu.png]

Redid the sprite, no shading yet.
[Image: 5jAQwL7.png]

He also now has a Putin hat.
heheheheheh

i love that design

keep goin
[Image: 6kYayoF.png]

I call this piece: I Have No Fucking Clue How Shading and Using Darker Colours to Display Depth Work
Well, I do see some contrast with your shades, but if you ask me, why not implement some hue shifting and desaturation in there?
[Image: mMJqg0Z.png]
Shading Part 2: Electric Bugaloo

Trying a bit more hue shifting, I'm also thinking about using a purple hue for the Jacket's shading
[Image: ngvogf7.gif]

Don't mind me, trying to figure out running animations. C+C?
In a running animation, you need to have at least have one frame where both legs are off the ground (two preferably for evenness).