The VG Resource

Full Version: [GMS] Mario & Luigi Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think you remember that MS-DOS Mario game made in 1994.

[Image: 6vUl5N1.png][Image: RmCtvys.png][Image: A0ASNxd.png]
[Image: EJuU4Ny.png][Image: AMt7M5y.png][Image: O6N8nTm.png]

Well, this game I have here will include the six original levels plus a level editor to create and share levels.

If you want to give the game a try, here's an engine test of it.
https://www.mediafire.com/download/zypro8mmlygd14r

The controls are CONTROL / Z for running / shoot fireballs, SHIFT / X for jumping and Arrows for moving (You can't duck on this game, sorry Cute)

Enjoy!

C+C will be appreciated.
OH THIS GAME IS BORING

(01-09-2014, 03:37 AM)CatezeeY Wrote: [ -> ]I think you remember that MS-DOS Mario game made in 1994.
i, for one, have actually never heard of it. It's not a licensed Nintendo game, so it wasn't really...uh, popular. Then again, I got my first computer in '96, and in a time where "search engines" actually composed of webcrawlers who pulled together indexes of webpages that MIGHT be relevant to your search topic, it probably wasn't that easy to find. Tongue

But if I can offer a suggestion; (and yes it involves more work, sorry Sad) a 1:1 remake is neat I guess - but why not add additional characters i.e. Peach or Wario, that give you additional ways to play the same game...and the level editor levels? =:0

that'll give it some additional playability imo

...like what if I could play the same game as one of the Paratroopas O_O
Erm, I'd probably go with more appealing graphics. Heck, why not use the many great custom Mario sprites on this site? I'm sure you could do something with those, and it'd be a nice way to display the art made here to people who play your game.

And I agree with Kosh. If you're gonna make a Mario game, I'd suggest adding something new, since almost all Mario platformers are the same, just with different gimmicks. No good gimmick = boring Mario 1 clone.How about a squirrel costume that lets you throw Mario 2 style bombs? Cute
i think that this game is good as it is. its objective is not to one-up the original game: just to make it a 1:1 copy, seeing that the original dos game is probably dead. in fact i think that the level editor is good enough and any of the suggestions atm sounds really gimmicky for what this is supposed to be

it would be interesting in an original mario fangame, for a 1:1 copy not so much
I updated the preview.

- Warp pipes
- Changed resolution of the game