The VG Resource

Full Version: mmx style Jammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jammer is a enemi/miniboss/whatever it is from megaman star force to the ds.
Still looks like an X edit. Try editing it to be less like X.

Or try to make this from scratch, but fit in the MMX style (references will help with this). If you utilize the Sprite Discussion forum, we'll be able to give your work comments and criticism so that you can use them to improve your work.
is it bad that you can see who the base was?
Wouldn't it make a whole load more sense for it to be a MegaMan Battle Network sprite? =/

Also the base is so obvious, I think I'll shift this to Sprite Discussion so you can fix it up.
does it really matter what style its in?
is this any better?i only made one as a start.
Well it helps to put it into the style it wa meant to be in. And telling the base is bad.

I see you just flipped the legs... Lazy and looks bad. Use the bright brown more on the head... And it still resembles X in certain parts.
it is the real colors of a jammer,the legs are bad i know,but i dont know to what to changes to make it look good(and...well yeah im lazy i know)
someone tell me what to do to make it better!i have no idea What make him look like X
Well lets start with the obvious, he's rather a blatant edit. It's obvious to anybody's who's knows what to look for: case in point, lets start with the shape test.

[Image: duhmegamaneditnw8.png]

Those LEGS man, they scream out megaman, not to mention Megaman's shape fits pretty closely, almost cookie-cutter closely to your shape. This is a simple way to determine editing, but not the only way.

In fact, there's a lot of parts about it that are clearly recolored, and parts of the sprite don't match each other in quality. So, learn to shade in this style if you want to hope to emulate it better. But then again, unless it's such a heavy edit that we can't notice, most of us don't really consider this to be good spritework when you just do recolor edits.
this may sound dumb but...what?(im a bit slow)

Sigh...

Just click here.

Follow the tutorials at the bottom through the end. Pay close attention, read it a few times in fact, follow the guides a few times each, then seek out your own tutorials to keep going. Learn for yourself, practice art in general too, as pixelart is simply a digital canvas for new generations.
ok i will
this one is made from scrape,remember,i suck at shading(and im not sure its still mmx style)
Why's he so sad?
jammers eyes look like that see?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6