The VG Resource

Full Version: Bitcoin Craze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Forum Users,

It's been 2 years since i have posted on this forum. I apparently didn't follow the rules. But I have grown wiser now.

Anyway, I for one am very excited about this bitcoin craze that has enticed everyone since 2009. This currency could end problems all over the world.

I also hope, at $600-$800 per coin, it will stay forever.

What are your thoughts?
I think it was hyper inflated because of the Chinese buying them so rapidly and when their government outright ban hammered them, the inflation is only going to stop.
They don't really make any sense to me. Then again, neither does the idea of capitalism.
Eh, if it didn't work, we'd be having a completely different conversation.
Personally, I prefer dogecoins
(01-04-2014, 05:15 AM)[robo9] Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I prefer dogecoins

many decentralization
such hoard

w0w

the fact this is a legitimate currency upsets me

a lot
(01-04-2014, 11:47 PM)Rhyme Wrote: [ -> ]

the fact this is a legitimate currency upsets me

a lot

Wait, it seriously is? I thought it was all a joke.

Googled it and found this.
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/screw-bitcoi...on-the-way
I am scared.
I guess pretty much anything could work as a non-standard currency... I mean, that's what collectibles are all about.
With that taken into consideration I'm surprised Capcom haven't started using Bison Dollars yet. I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
Here is a nice summary of everything wrong with Bitcoins: http://brokenlibrarian.org/bitcoin/

Bitcoins were only ever intended as a conceptual thing (i.e. "This is how a virtual currency might work"). It was then adapted directly to a real implementation without much thought into it, and thus has a lot of serious flaws. I'm all for the idea of a virtual currency, but Bitcoins don't work well enough (it's debatable whether or not they work at all).
If anything we should rename Bitcoin to Bison Dollar, then i'd be okay with it