The VG Resource

Full Version: [IDEA]tSR De Pon: Bloom's Adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not sure how to introduce this. I'll update it soon to make it look nicer. I don't have time right now.

I also would like to ask if someone would be interested in making music for this.
That would be very much appreciated.
Considering that this game involves blocks, how about making it basically be various members trying to unscramble sprites by lining up the pixels? Is that an interesting plot suggestion to you?
if you make this game then mighty jetters is NOT allowed to be an enemy under any circumstances

the game will become impossible to win
please focus on a project at a time.
if there's a TSR de Pon

okay

Tetris Attack literally one of my favorite games, ever, and I've always had this idea in the back of my head but didn't think it would fly that well - like I've had the idea but not the skill nor time to do it.
that love was recently rekindled upon playing Panel de Pon (which Cinemarella bought me!)

not to be an aggressive butt-baby but
okay screw it. i need to get in that roster real bad, and my first attempt at doing so will be dumping a shitload of ideas right here

of course you don't have to adhere to these, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling

Kosheh I love all of those ideas Big Grin
I was actually going to go for a lot Pokemon puzzle league style things.

(12-09-2013, 10:04 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]It's up to you where you want to go with this, but I think it'd be a pretty novel idea to actually make higher-res panels
I was actually about to start making the panels! They will be 36x36 to fit the grid. The game is going to have a wide resolution.

(12-09-2013, 10:04 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it'd be pretty awesome if we had character-individual garbage blocks similar to those seen in PdP.
Already planning that :>

(12-09-2013, 10:04 AM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps two different soft-vector renders, one design for the left-side player and one for the right-side player.
I was planning that too, but I was thinking of adding a small animation to the characters for when they attack or are hit.

I love the story mode ideas too :>
But it's something I'll think more in depth when more of the engine is done.

(12-09-2013, 04:38 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]please focus on a project at a time.

Well, I am.
I figured you were too busy to work on SAW or tFR and Nin decided we should finish Spookventure next year. MegaBloom was a one weekend thing, but I may come back and finish it one other weekend.
I suppose I could have worked on tFR by myself, since all it needs is its engine, but I haven't been in a fighting game mood for quite a while. I don't want to force myself to do it because then it would not be as good. I'll probably be all for it when the new smash bros comes out Smile

If you would like to work on SAW then I would be fine with that! I've really missed the days when we first started.
Since I have some free time this time of the year I just wanted something fun to work on. (But I've been wanting a tSR themed Panel De Pon for a while.)
(12-09-2013, 05:06 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually going to go for a lot Pokemon puzzle league style things.
if you do this please please PLEASE if you get Da Programmin Skillz include 3D cylindrical mode. I LOVE 3D panepon.

(12-09-2013, 05:06 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]I was planning that too, but I was thinking of adding a small animation to the characters for when they attack or are hit.
I...uh, ploaj
i think what you're thinking works like that in panepon anyway (therefore, please use it)
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Having little, small character sprites for the characters to display whether they're attacking/attacked occurs in the middle of the screen, and the BG graphics remain stationary.

(12-09-2013, 05:06 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]I love the story mode ideas too :>
But it's something I'll think more in depth when more of the engine is done.
me. pls. add koshi

(12-09-2013, 05:06 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ](But I've been wanting a tSR themed Panel De Pon for a while.)

(12-09-2013, 05:06 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]PLEASE

Well, I am.
I figured you were too busy to work on SAW or tFR and Nin decided we should finish Spookventure next year. MegaBloom was a one weekend thing, but I may come back and finish it one other weekend.
I suppose I could have worked on tFR by myself, since all it needs is its engine, but I haven't been in a fighting game mood for quite a while. I don't want to force myself to do it because then it would not be as good. I'll probably be all for it when the new smash bros comes out Smile

If you would like to work on SAW then I would be fine with that! I've really missed the days when we first started.
Since I have some free time this time of the year I just wanted something fun to work on. (But I've been wanting a tSR themed Panel De Pon for a while.)
[/quote]

Its not that, its because you seem to churn out so many stuff at once, it kinda makes me really concerned Unsure especially programming which i believe its a really extensive job Embarassed
No need to worry Gors! It's not a job if I'm having fun!

(12-09-2013, 06:33 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]if you do this please please PLEASE if you get Da Programmin Skillz include 3D cylindrical mode. I LOVE 3D panepon.
Hmm... It may be possible. I've been brainstorming of some things that might work. I'll have to test my idea before I can say for sure... Note though, if I got it to work, it would only be single player~

EDIT:
Looks possible and it actually looks quite nice. I'm not sure how CPU intensive it would be though. The only thing I need to test out would be the cursor, since instead of it moving, the cylinder needs to rotate around it. I'll wait until I'm done with the main one before I work on this mode.
[Image: hZ3EeDN.png]

(12-09-2013, 06:33 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Having little, small character sprites for the characters to display whether they're attacking/attacked occurs in the middle of the screen, and the BG graphics remain stationary.
I was thinking of having the background show the animation, but sprites of the characters would probably be better.

Also, blocks.
[Image: rcWs63H.png]
I'm going to probably change the red one into a rose shape.
As for the other symbols.
Blue - Perhaps a C
Yellow - Star
Not sure about Purple, DarkBlue, or the Exclamation.
One of the blues should be Dazz's hat.
My hat is dark blue and/or purple
(12-09-2013, 08:45 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT:
Looks possible and it actually looks quite nice. I'm not sure how CPU intensive it would be though. The only thing I need to test out would be the cursor, since instead of it moving, the cylinder needs to rotate around it. I'll wait until I'm done with the main one before I work on this mode.
[Image: hZ3EeDN.png]
i could smooch you right now

(12-09-2013, 08:45 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]Also, blocks.
[Image: rcWs63H.png]
I'm going to probably change the red one into a rose shape.
As for the other symbols.
Blue - Perhaps a C
Yellow - Star
Not sure about Purple, DarkBlue, or the Exclamation.

um

what's the green supposed to be? Gors' head? :/

Honestly, I'd try to do the blocks based on the header backgrounds of TSR

-green stacked square (for sound resource)
-speckled red square (for spriters resource)
-blue cube (for modeler's resource)
-purple circles (for textures resource)

yellow stars make sense, and uh...
what to do about cyan ):

keep the ! as-is though ]:

[Image: 30saflc.png]
(12-09-2013, 11:06 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]what's the green supposed to be? Gors' head? :/
Well, it's more just the general shape of a bullet.

(12-09-2013, 11:06 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I'd try to do the blocks based on the header backgrounds of TSR
It makes more sense to be objects, doesn't it? So they can have the little bounce animations. It would get distracting to have multiple shapes on the panels.
It doesn't really matter, though. The graphics are loaded from files, so you could change them to whatever you want Wink
(12-09-2013, 11:42 PM)Ploaj Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2013, 11:06 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]what's the green supposed to be? Gors' head? :/
Well, it's more just the general shape of a bullet.

Honestly I think most people here can tell what it is. I agree with it being based on characters.

BTW, I think cyan should be a silhouette of CBL's head sideways while the blue is Previous' little arrows (since he's in the game).
Pages: 1 2 3