The VG Resource

Full Version: WAaanderLUIIIGI [FANGAME][IDEA]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so PK made this post and i liked it
(12-02-2013, 08:56 PM)Phantom Killah Wrote: [ -> ]A while ago I was joking around about a Waluigi game with my brother.

It opens in Waluigi's apartment. There's dirty laundry and some half eaten eggplants on the floor. On his walls are some photos of him hanging out with Wario; Waluigi is happy in the photos but Wario looks like he'd rather be somewhere else. There's a dartboard with a picture of Luigi's face pinned to it, but Waluigi has missed with every dart he's thrown. Waluigi has a large and well maintained trophy cabinet holding only a single participation ribbon from a tennis tournament.

Waluigi wakes up from sleeping on his couch, grabs his phone, and opens his contact list (Wario is the only entry). Then he calls Wario who of course doesn't pick up (again), realizes that he has absolutely nothing to do with his life today (again), and goes out to bum around town where he some how ends up on an adventure and humourously fails his way through the rest of the story

or something like that

so much that i requested to make a design draft for it
a design draft for a game centered around everyone's least favorite plumber, waluigi

so here i am

WALUIGI'S WANDERFUL LIFE

PLOT: Waluigi.

Another day, another pound lost. Waluigi rolls out of his sad, sweaty bed to check his calendar, only to find that his rent is due tomorrow..and he's a few dozen dollars short. Sadly, after Wario's rise to success as an independent game developer, he has little time for his former BFF, as he spends his afternoon rubbing butts with fellow game devs Mona and 9-Volt. Play a scintillating tale detailing a week in the life of the Mushroom Kingdom's least appreciated plumber, with an eclectic lineup of characters old and new.

CHARACTERS:

Waluigi: Athlete. Procrastinator. Sycophant. The protagonist of this game. Follow this sorry sucker's boring days through Slogston, possibly one of the most depressing towns in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Wario: Game developer. Hoarder. Nosepicker. Childhood friends with Waluigi, the two share a common bond: they're both hardcore garlic enthusiasts. However, their friendship endures the ultimate test as Wario has moved on from hunting through job postings in the Slogston Tribune as he's now a successful game developer, enabling him to move to the posh town of Pyoroton.

The narrative moves to Wario sometime within the game, outlining the strain on the deep friendship between the two and dealing with the rest of the family problems.

Wadog: Newcomer. Not really. Wario's asshole dog. This depressing beagle pug (think Poochy from Yoshi's Island with a really ugly face) is so goddamn lazy it usually sits at Wario's feet most of the time...that is, unless he brings home money in any form, which at that point he'll promptly sniff it out and bury it somewhere in Wario's backyard.
You know that's why Wario needs a job so badly, right? It's because this son of a (literal) bitch keeps hiding Wario's goddamn money.

Wandaisy: Loud. Whiny. Trashy (but only when drunk ofc). Wario's guidette sister who lacks any skills whatsoever and, like Wario's friend Waluigi, is also out of a job (got fired from the Slogston DMV for poor customer service Sad) and always calls Wario asking for money, as she's too proud to file for unemployment. If you listen really closely when on the phone with her, you might be able to hear her chewing an entire pack of gum on the other side. Oh. And it's Wanda. Please call her Wanda if you value your genitals.

Gabon [the Gavon]: Wandaisy's asshole guido boyfriend with an eating disorder. Enjoys starting fights. Try to avoid this guy at all costs. He's an asshole. No, seriously.

Wompstro: Waluigi's pet hamster. Has a tendency to shit all over your house in exchange for helpful tips on what to do next with your meaningless life and exactly what products to use in order to get stains out of your carpets.

GAMEPLAY:
So, with such a downright boring game, what is there to do? Let me tell you!

Play SIX minigames! WOW!

- WORK OUT: An athlete can't sit on his ass forever, no! Get out there to the local 24-hour gym and work those muscles. Feel the burn on that elliptical! Show that shitlord musclehead Chargin' Chuck that you can lift those weights with those noodly Waluigi arms!

- GET THE MAIL: Go to your mailbox! Sort through mail! Pay bills! Wow!

- TEND TO YOUR HYGIENE: Wash your hair! Pick your nose! Clip your toenails! Amazing!

- BROWSE OKKOOPA: Visit the one-stop site to find love in the Mushroom Kingdom! Find your soulmate using OkKoopa's 50-question personality test which scans against a database of 12 possible matches!

- COOK: Don't starve please. Heat up some Hot Pockets and have a feast ready in 15 minutes or less! Gadzooks!

- SLEEP: Go the fuck to sleep and wake up the next morning. Incredible!

Gameplay generally progresses in a visual novel format, with decision-making paths to decide the fate of Waluigi in the miserable week that you know him for.

now, to actually do like, everything: flesh out the story more, add more cameos of existing characters, um, get people to help create things, etc.

ideas? criticism? oh my god share please
When I read PK's idea I actually thought that all of that stuff happens in an opening custscene, and then you actually go on some random platforming adventure to like, get money to pay your rent or something. I dunno.

But this seems cool! Kinda like a sort of WaluigiWare. The only one I don't see much potential for is sleeping, not really sure what can be done with that. Maybe you have to do some random minigames in your dreams?

Anyway yeah, I'd love to see something like this come together!
I love Waluigi, so i love this idea

the game idea could have been "Waluigi files his w-2's," and I'd still be on board

Is Waluigi confined only to the areas you have outlined? If he is to pay rent and is short,
how is he getting money? You could include a Mushroom Kingdom Unemployment Office
that he can go to every day and find temp jobs (mini games) to earn those few precious
bucks that he is short of. The mini games can all sorts on menial labor that hardly pass as
ideas for games, like Mopping, or Floor buffing, or Dog walking, or waiting tables at a local
restaurant chain or washing the elderly in a retirement home. Titillating!
Tatanga should be in this, but as a guy in a mascot suit of Tatanga who isn't actually an alien.
(12-05-2013, 10:22 AM)Tom Guicote Wrote: [ -> ]Tatanga should be in this, but as a guy in a mascot suit of Tatanga who isn't actually an alien.
Yes.
YES.

Not Tatanga - Perpetually dehydrated. Makes minimum wage. Is not Tatanga. A man in a mascot suit just barely paying off rent who works at the cellphone retailer located next to the unemployment office. Waluigi insists he is Tatanga. He is definitely not Tatanga. However, he may have invaluable information for Waluigi which is definitely not presented on a used Goombee restaurant napkin.

I figured parts of the story would be more or less a ghetto Captain Rainbow, with like, sleazy versions of Birdo and Lip as OKKoopa dates and Sasarasa land enemies making cameos in the unemployment office (the Birdo bit being 100% intentional)

(12-05-2013, 06:44 AM)Sevenstitch Wrote: [ -> ]I love Waluigi, so i love this idea. the game idea could have been "Waluigi files his w-2's," and I'd still be on board

Is Waluigi confined only to the areas you have outlined? If he is to pay rent and is short, how is he getting money? You could include a Mushroom Kingdom Unemployment Office that he can go to every day and find temp jobs (mini games) to earn those few precious bucks that he is short of. The mini games can all sorts on menial labor that hardly pass as ideas for games, like Mopping, or Floor buffing, or Dog walking, or waiting tables at a local restaurant chain or washing the elderly in a retirement home. Titillating!

I don't know why I like the temp job idea so much, lol.

When this idea mushroomed in my head, the idea that the entire game is extremely menial and boring as hell, although short. I figured the most boring way to go about this is a visual novel, with short minigames that Waluigi does Really Boring Things in - the joke being "This is so boring - no wonder Waluigi doesn't have his own game!" Adding more than six minigames might make it fun, and I was trying to avoid that. ):

But now that I think about it, the unemployment office itself can become a timed-button minigame, as Waluigi makes his way up to the counter without stepping on the back of the person's feet in front of him or getting stepped on by the person behind him.
Then temp jobs can actually provide depressing amounts of income :I Thing is, I have to find hilariously menial jobs. The ones you listed are good. Literally good, but waiting on tables might be too fun. ): Washing old people should be wonderfully boring Frosty!

I was also thinking of dates becoming a boring minigame, where Waluigi listens to his date ramble on about nothing and makes faces in response to their statements as he eats in an attempt to look like he cares what his date's saying.

...but what's the advantage of going on dates if that's just going to suck more money out of your pockets? I've got to figure that out. ):

I think I mentioned this previously, but taking the game and putting a Spumco spin on it, especially with character design would be literally the best thing that's ever happened to fangames.

[Image: 35tI7uu.jpg]

[Spumco's the studio behind Ren and Stimpy and the Goddamn George Liquor Program, pictured above]

however, women are actually really cute in spumco works and ideally i'd try to settle for a weird balance for Wanda ---

OH MY GOD I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT CAPTAIN SYRUP

I GOT IT
THE SWEET STUFF IS NOW AN ADULT SHOP WHERE WALUIGI GETS A TEMP JOB SELLING ADULT GOODS ON DATES

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

however in true Captain Rainbow fashion, the Vibrating Object has to be a long pink mosaic as is any other good in the game
The Dates dilemma is an interesting one, perhaps Waluigi has a "lonely" meter that increases the longer he
goes without human contact. If the meter fills completely, he becomes extremely lethargic and unwilling
to comply with your commands. So going places would help keep the meter steady, but dates would actually
empty the meter. This would add an annoying and not very fun mechanic, and seeing as monitoring a meter for
the levels of loneliness is about one of the most boring activities I've ever heard of, It seems like it would be
a fit.

As for payment after jobs, it would be funny if his employers payed him out of pocket; that is to say directly with
whatever is in their pocket. "Finished scrubbing Ms. Jenkins? Great, heres ... 15 cents, a paperclip, and some lint. Get lost."

As for visual style, that seems like a swell Idea and I'd love to see it.

I really hope this goes somewhere because i desperately need this game
Reward for dates: fanservice. I:

Actually, I like the idea of a loneliness meter that can't drop below a certain level. Also if the dates DO go well, they should have a hilarious, anticlimactic ending for each one.

Oh! What about Wart as like his confrontational landlord? He's washed up, but seeing as he appeared in an ACTUAL Mario game he still lives off his royalties.
Game idea: stamping a pile of papers. When you finish the pile, another, bigger one is promptly placed on your desk
Sleeping Minigame: Press left and right to roll around in bed and get not uncomfortable so you can have some minute chance of getting a mildly satisfactory sleep. Participate in such exciting escapades such as taking sleeping pills (complete with having to push a complex series of keys to open the bottle) and crying yourself to sleep.
(12-05-2013, 12:53 PM)Tom Guicote Wrote: [ -> ]Reward for dates: fanservice. I:

Actually, I like the idea of a loneliness meter that can't drop below a certain level. Also if the dates DO go well, they should have a hilarious, anticlimactic ending for each one.

Oh! What about Wart as like his confrontational landlord? He's washed up, but seeing as he appeared in an ACTUAL Mario game he still lives off his royalties.

stop it. these ideas are both amazing and brilliant.

i can totally see wart opening the door to his apartment, in his cheeto stained wifebeater, rolling up on one buttcheck so he can see waluigi and shout "WHERE'S MY RENT MONEY, BEANPOLE"

there is so much potential for the dating minigame it's hilarious. i'd love like, one-panel rhythm heaven-esque outcome sequences, i.e. a "successful" date with Lip shows Lip in the passenger seat of her mom, Cordelia's station wagon,

"Who's that, Lip?"
"Oh, no one important. Seriously."

though i wouldn't want the game to get too tied up with his lovelife. that might make his life too exciting.

(12-06-2013, 09:11 AM)MoneyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Sleeping Minigame: Press left and right to roll around in bed and get not uncomfortable so you can have some minute chance of getting a mildly satisfactory sleep. Participate in such exciting escapades such as taking sleeping pills (complete with having to push a complex series of keys to open the bottle) and crying yourself to sleep.

roll around in bed to create a waluigi burrito and critically get a night's sleep

oh, speaking of which, we need to find a way to sneak this particular person in

i don't think i could let a fangame about waluigi go without including a WaluigisGirl cameo, literally the only person in the world who has a legitimate obsession with Waluigi
"i have to detest the existence of waluigi and daisy because waluigis MY man"

also i think im gonna change the name of this game to something...sexier. WAaanderLUIIIGI, parodizing WANDERLUST (impulsive desire to travel the world)
pls provide input
Now are the Mario characters ACTUALLY Mario characters, or are they real world representations of them? I guess what I mean is, for example, Wart really a frog man, or is he just a human guy drawn to look like Wart?
(12-07-2013, 02:59 PM)Tom Guicote Wrote: [ -> ]Now are the Mario characters ACTUALLY Mario characters, or are they real world representations of them? I guess what I mean is, for example, Wart really a frog man, or is he just a human guy drawn to look like Wart?

...this is a really good question

...and open for debate :V

I had the intentions of the characters keeping their own initial designs - actual fat frogman Wart for instance (just doesn't dress like a king) but a human being drawn like Wart might actually be grosser (and better)

but yeah, when I referred to the art-style earlier, just imagine fat frog Wart, but greener, grosser, and generally more abhorrent

i know i mentioned "a guy", but we can assume this is a real beanpole of a mushroom guy as it takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom (or maybe there's humanoid inhabitants in the Mushroom Kingdom besides Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi and the princesses)
I think it should keep characters as they are. It's great to see a fangame idea so different from what Nintendo would usually do, but I still think you need to have toads, frog Wart, stuff like that, to still make it fit as a proper fangame. Otherwise it'd be more of a spoof, and then there still wouldn't be an actual Waluigi game.

Of course, they can still be very real-world like, in their actions and all that, but at the very least I think they need to keep their original bodies.
Yeah, I don't think there needs to be a great departure from official designs;
Most anything can be given that "Spumco" aesthetic with a little work

And I do think the Spumco Style would work quite well as its intensely grotesque
and extremely pleasurable to see in motion, in a so sick its cute kind of way
I dont want to be a party pooper or anything but,
thee loneliness ides kind of makes me sick,
It dosnt seem right, to get Waluigi bored so much hes morally depressed.
i'm kind of aghainst it
Pages: 1 2