The VG Resource

Full Version: Odeka
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Another game-
[Image: ShurisIonic-1.png]
[Image: Atilus2.gif][Image: Atilusgrey.gif]
I tried going for a more cartoony style of running.
Yes, he doesn't have a head and his cape in the running anim, I'll fix those once I get this part straightened out.
Meant to look sort of like a Roman/Greek inspired design.
His non swinging arm moves like that because he's going to be holding a crossbow/other items. They'll be separate sprites which will be put together when programmed.

Just gonna say, this is the first ever animated sprite in which I didn't edit a single part of a previous frame. Woot woot.

My previous and horrendous attempt:
[Image: bloob-1.gif]

Comments and Crits please c:
Mozzy, you're so hot right now.
Looking good. :>
I wish I could animate running.
holy crap...best running animation ive seen in a while Shocked
I couldn't agree more!
Thanks guys c:
[Image: Atilus2-1.gif]
Almost final. There's still some stuff that need tweaking like the belt. Tell me if you see more.
Dang, the animations look next to 3D!
That is really amazing, moz, great job.
The only thing I see is that his left arm (farthest away from us) looks too much outward when it's going forward.
It might be just me being paranoid, though.
I'm not sure if it really is, but I need to keep it visible because he's going to be carrying something. I'll see what I can do though.
Even if he were carrying a bow/torch etc, his arm will still be moving more than that. Try it. Smile
But wow, man. I tried that "completely new sprite for each frame" style some months back and it really sucked.
This is another great clean style.

Now finish momotaro. Angry
I think that his left arm should be placed 1 pixel higher. Right now, it looks... too straight : /.
[Image: Atilus-1.gif]
Better?
I also made a few changes to the belt, but I think I see a stray pixel now.
Looking great so far, can't wait to see him holding weapons
Make his left arm move basically the same way without a weapon except, less.
You know, it'll move less lower and less higher in its extremities, but it will still be at its extremities at the same time it would be if he weren't holding anything. Gah, I suck at explaining.
I have no idea what you just said.
[Image: Atilus2-2.gif]
But how 'bout this? I also cleaned it up a bit, fixed the laurel and belt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6