The VG Resource

Full Version: Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm back for now, let's have some fun. Leave the past behind, if you can't too bad.

[Image: tree_zpsb064b0a1.png]
Moved to S&PA.
The tree you have looks okay, but I think the trunk is way too thick.
What E-Man said. Besides that, the snow looks too gloppy, as if it can only come in the form of a single ball. I don't know how to explain it, but it's more evident on the lower branches.
He's right you know. The snow looks like someone put clumps of snowballs on the tree instead of it being in "sheets" of sorts.

When giving fur trees their snow, it would be best to try to take an example from images like this one.

[Image: snowy_trees1969.jpg]

Even illustrations could give you a few ideas on how to replicate things in nature.

[Image: fur-tree-snow.jpg]
what they're talking about specifically, is that it's fairly obvious you used the copy and paste tool in paint on a specific resource of snow you had made and then pasted it over the lower branches, with a little editing around them to make them blend better. the branches on your tree also look more like pipe cleaners, so perhaps you studied this tree from a photo? (at least the branches) pixelart is all about stylization of fine detail to make it more evident, so perhaps looking at some other trees by other pixelartists would help
One more thing - the texture on the trunk would have it look more scaly, like a fish, and the texture looks a bit too anti-aliased.
After
[Image: tree_zpsc7840f32.png]

Before
[Image: tree_zpsb064b0a1.png]

fixed!
No!
Your trunk is still much too wide, it could use some serious thinning, and the trunk still looks incredibly scaly as well.
Keep at it.
If he/she feels like keeping the trunk, he/she could always just scale the top to be more accurate instead.
Vinn, are you even listening to the advice we're giving you? The newest version of the tree looks hardly the same as the first one, so I think you should make your changes more drastic.

Also, would it be possible to apply more hue shifting on the pine needles? I can't see any shifts from green to blue in here.
I think scaling he trunk down would work better. It'd make it look more like wood and less like snake skin. The snow is an improvement, but I think it could go out farther.
[Image: tree2_zps2cc0b4dd.png]

[Image: tree_zpsc7840f32.png]

Fix #2
It looks a little more scaly now, if you ask me. But that's fine - I don't know the nature of these types of trees, so you other peeps will have to decide on this.
I can't say for certain if the scaly bark is a good look for the tree or not, but I do know that the trunk is still too thick. How about thinning it to the thickness of a pencil?
Pages: 1 2