The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania Remaster!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there ppl! I was inactive for a VERY long time and a lot has happened. Some of you may remember the Castlevania topic. Well....yeah forget about it. I got the job, did the sprites, went under the NDA and...the whole thing got cancelled due to lack of Castlevania players Sad... Sprites(heets) now belong to Konami and I musn't release those.

So the boring part was told, lets do the cool stuff:

First game contains 4 main characters:

- Trevor Belmont
- Alucard
- Grant Danasty
- Sypha Belnades

The point is to completely re-imagine and rework the game. Still all of the content would be included and some new stuff would be added.

First I focus on the main characters.

[Image: ge6r.png]

I do like the Lords of Shadows series, so I took an example on their character design. I'd like to see some replies on wether you like or do not like the sprite(s).

C+C on design choice and sprite itself. If you have any questions about my descision in the design, then simply ask me Smile. Everything has a reason.

First I want to focus on the design, then I'll do the animation.

PS: Due to my job, I don't have much free time, so I'll be working pretty slow Sad...
oh yeah i remember this

btw i think you made a redesigned richter sprite so this might interest you
[Image: 4s8jnFn.png]

its a sprite that appears cut off but someone managed to extract it from the game's data
[Image: origin-cloak1.png]
Yeah, I've seen this one. Kinda sad, that Richter itself had a different design Sad...
I think Richter has a completely redesigned set of sprites for the Saturn version that coincides with his artwork. I know I've seen it, I forget where.
You probabbly mean this one http://spritedatabase.net/files/saturn/2...ontSAT.PNG but even this version is different :/.
while these sprites are really nicely done and i give great credit to the shadows on trevors sprite making the cloth folds look really 3d, alucard's sprite doesn't so much say "alucard" to me. if you gave him an open shirt and short hair it would bring to mind cornell more than anything.
it kind of goes back to my problem with david cox, infact!! those designs and the lords designs in particular aren't evocative of those characters at all, and trevors design here brings richter more to mind