The VG Resource

Full Version: The Humble Store!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Felt this deserves its own thread, feel free to merge if that seems more appropriate.)

The Humble Store

So the Humble Bundle group have put together a whole store. Basically, it's like most game stores, but you get the games like you would in a bundle; DRM-free, on all available platforms, with a Steam key (although the availability of each can differ per game). Plus, 10% of all purchases get split evenly among the American Red Cross, Child's Play Charity, Electronic Frontier Foundation, World Land Trust, and charity: water. There's also a 15% Humble Tip, but the rest (75%) goes to the devs.

There's currently a debut sale, each day they'll be adding new games and giving them huge discounts. Right now there's a 50-75% off sale for the first batch, which includes Don't Starve, Prison Architect, and Gunpoint, among others.

I think eventually it'll have more or less the same games as places like Steam, although it'll most likely be predominantly indie games. As far as I can tell, the prices are mostly the same, but personally I'd buy from this instead of Steam due to charity proceeds and DRM-free non-Steam downloads. The only reason I'd buy from Steam is if the game is on sale and/or cheaper there.
Legend of Grimrock is more than worth that price, I recommend it to anyone.
Dungeon Defenders is available with a bucketload of DLC for a measly $12.49, as opposed to the usual 50 bucks. There's also no rational reason not to get Super Hexagon for 99 cents.