The VG Resource

Full Version: Let's Create A World of 16-Bits of Animation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The world as we know it is changing.
Whether it’s for the better or worse, it’s up to you.

Hi, I’m Evan Wilder and I’m proud to work with E.Wil Entertainment – the online animation production company where we work with producing high-quality animation for the Internet.

One of the shows that we are actually working on right now is called Post-Dollar: this show chronicles two friends as they travel throughout the world that is plunged into chaos moments following the collapse of the U.S. Dollar in 2016.

Why does such a show like this exist?
Here’s a few reasons:
• It’s a satire of all the old-school RPGs that we’ve played and feel in love with. We love Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy but those classics committed sins that we can’t just forgive just yet.
• We want to create a kickass RPG with an engrossing story with memorable characters, unforgettable environments, and music that you will forever remember.
And this is most the important one of all..
• Save some RPG gamers from being on the wrong side of the history.
(Like I said, the decisions we make and don’t make, determine our future.)

Before I even created the concept for this show, the more research I did for this show, the more I realized that the mechanics of a RPG work wonderfully to tell this story and much more.

That is also why we are hiring a background animation team for this series.
So, as a background animator, what can you possibly expect?
• Animate 16-bit sprites to the animation show for the backgrounds, using storyboard art, timing notes, and even certain notes.
• Communicate with the storyboard artist and the character art director.
• Participate with us on creative meetings for the webseries with the showrunners, the producers, and the writers.
Don’t call an airplane! We’re working with everyone from around the world. We even have a creative director in Japan working with us on this show. So, who are we looking for?
Here’s who:
• Love RPGs (it’s a big plus!)
• Know To Animate Very Simple RPGs.
• Punctual
• Professional
• Creative
• Cares About Their Craft

One disclaimer that we have to offer that this crowdfunding project meaning we are in the process of raising funds first. Everyone who works on this project will be compensated on an episodic basis.

Want to join us on a mission to save RPG gamers from being on the wrong side of history?
Feel free to send us any sprite animation you have.
Then, contact us right here:
PHONE: (313) 587-0330
E-MAIL: [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you.
Exclamation