The VG Resource

Full Version: Midas Machine Extravaganza
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, a few posts down I said I might compile all of the official enemy sprites I've made into a single image. Well guess what? I did it.
[Image: 2u3tj1z.png]
Please keep in mind that a number of these aren't actually going to be in Midas Machine, they were either made for fun or dropped, so if you see a character you like, don't get your hopes up. Also, it's worth mentioning that about 95% of these enemies already have completed sheets.

[Image: 30wl2k0.jpg]

Felt like spriting Popple, and then Nabbit just for the heck of it.
Oh I remember you, you had did the graphics on the Midas Machine fangame. Your sprites still look as good as ever every time you make them, but you should probably change the size of Nabbit's mask, it looks slightly smaller than it should.
I love the Popple. Is Nabbit shorter than that? I might just be assuming it because the bandanna makes me think of Bowser Jr.
Considering that you posted this in the sprite projects board, are you planning on making this a large scale collaboration? If so, would you mind if I help out when I get the chance?
(11-09-2013, 10:11 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that you posted this in the sprite projects board, are you planning on making this a large scale collaboration? If so, would you mind if I help out when I get the chance?
Sorry, I posted it there on accident. I may however start a project of sorts later to try and sprite all the Mario enemies/character or something like that, from the main games anyways (moving on to the RPGs once the main games are out of the way). Granted, with all my work in Midas Machine, I've more or less covered SMB-SMW in terms of enemies, plus a number of other games so if it was a project, it'd already be at ~40%

Now I'm tempted to compile all of my Midas sprites to show them.
Well, I did it, check the first post to see a compiled image of all the official Mario characters I've sprited in the style. Or click this link.

http://i.imgur.com/2u3tj1z.png
awesome stuff, what's the guy just to the left of the goomba in the kuribos shoe?
(11-10-2013, 02:42 PM)Demonlemon Wrote: [ -> ]awesome stuff, what's the guy just to the left of the goomba in the kuribos shoe?
Thats Goboten from Wario Land. If theres an enemy on the sheet that doesn't look too familiar to you, theres a good chance it's a Wario Land enemy. It's also worth mentioning that 2 or 3 enemies on that sheet are re-imagined version of Wario Land enemies.
Did you seriously sprite all those characters!? Now that is real talent!

In addition to Mario games, are you planning on doing something similar for other franchises?
Idk, maybe. Truth be told I've tried spriting things from other series but I can just never get into it for whatever reason. I can sprite Mario stuff, and I can sprite custom stuff, but that seems to be it. Thats not to say that I can't sprite things from other series as my Link's Awakening update can prove, however I do lose interest very fast, as my Link's Awakening update can prove.
As for me, I'd like to start out with simple sprites, such as things from the Mario games; however, I actually relish the idea of giving other series a try! After I fix up my Mario item sprites and finish off my Goomba sprites, I'm planning on giving the Zelda and Kingdom Hearts game a try!