The VG Resource

Full Version: Failed Custom/Edited Submision (Critiques Welcome)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do I suck at Pixel Art THAT badly?

Basically, what it is, it's an element from one of my favorite shows ever.

[Image: wQJxTUc.png]
Well considering you've used 157 separate colors to make this image, (I'm betting on gradients for this one) yes this is "bad"
pixel art. I seem to do this all the time, but here, take a look at this thread for info on pixel art and pixel art techniques.

As for the image itself, they are... cylinders? With cracks in the bottom? I assume that "Lyoko" refers to "Code Lyoko," (ive never seen it myself)
but is this what these towers really look like in the show? I wish I had actual critique here, but all you've got here are a bunch of rectangles with
gradients bucket filled into them.

I mean no disrespect, but perhaps show us something that is actually.. a something to show.

EDIT: I googled some images of these towers, and I suppose yours have a vague similarity, but the fact remains that what you have there is not pixelart.
Pixelart is all about readability and efficiency, (to most at least) What you have now is just flat shades on a rectangle, as I've already said.

Give it another pass, and this time make a palette and shade carefully to convey a more convincing image.