The VG Resource

Full Version: Pikmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you couldn't tell, it is me, the one person who made tons of Pikmin crap that no one liked. And why didn't they like them? Well because I never listened to criticism.
But as most people do, I've grown up a little and am completely open to it... because looking back... yeah, those sprites did suck.

Oh and uh... yeah, new account, ban me if you want, but I couldn't actually remember the email of my old account. Or the username. Or anything about it.

Anywho, just for old times sake, I'll be Pikmining again, so here are my new and improved Olimar and Louie sprites.

C+C would be greatly appreciated, and to a further extent, listened to.

Oh and I'm gonna do the rest of the captains when I have mastered these two, just an FYI

right... gonna need a image of them

[Image: ezimba12135573658100.png]
Not bad. I'd like to see more frames and see how they play out. Sorry your previous attempts at Pikmin ddidn"t go over well. Good luck this time around.
I think with the amount of detail in that small area, your sprites could benefit from colored outlines. That's just my opinion though. Somebody could raise a counterarguement or something. Those are my two cents, though!
Actually, Trollerskates, I was almost going to mention it, but I was going to wait until I could think of some more critique.

Anyway, ShiftSike, I do think that your sprites would look much better if you didn't use black outlines.
[Image: ezimba19676116251300.png]

I was going to make another frame or two, but time just flew by, so I might as well just update with the outline progress. In addition, I also fixed the shape of Olimar's helmet... it wasn't exactly round, and I also fixed up his body shape, he didn't look plump enough, if that is how you would state that.
Those sprites look much better! I wonder how they'll look when they're animated.

What you have is good, but what is with that odd shadow on Louie's head? I understand it's supposed to be the shadow cast by his hair, but it looks a little strange. Maybe you could make it look a little smaller and more appealing?
I think that you're doing a lot better this time around (though, admittedly, I don't think I've ever seen your old stuff). We all had to start from somewhere, though. Also, don't talk like that in the first post. People may come to some wrong conclusions about you.
(10-27-2013, 11:04 PM)ShiftSike Wrote: [ -> ]but I couldn't actually remember the email of my old account. Or the username. Or anything about it.

Well that's not true at all, ShiftSike/Koreo the Fox/Sike/U.B.Funkeys/12345, considering that you logged into one of your banned alts four days ago.
I see you're still using ezimba as well.

Anyway, I certainly remember you as I made a big deal out of trying to help you last time when you were still posting under Koreo.

I'm not going to ban you since you didn't exactly leave on bad terms the last time you were around, but choose a single account and stick to it because I'm banning your alts. You can go back to Koreo or Sike if you want or use this new account but let me know which one you want to use from here on.

(As far as the sprites go, I can certainly see an improvement since the last time you were around. Keep it up!)
Well then, this is quite embarrassing. I did indeed log onto 12345, as for I remembered that old gmail was the one I used for one of the accounts... however I was banned. So yeah. I didn't, however, remember any of the other ones. I would say something like "I should have been more clear about that", but I'm not, because I don't feel like looking stupider then I already do. But yeah, I will be using this one from now on.

Anywho, back to the actual sprites, I started on a throwing animation. The beginning and end are not quite done yet, however. I also remade the idle stance for Olimar because the original looked kind of stiff. Louie still has yet to go through this change, but he did get that shadow on his head fixed. Now it looks alot less... squishy.
(Ignore the sloppiness of the sheet, I get pretty messy when I actually start animations)

[Image: ezimba19676197487100.png]
The captains' helmets seem a bit too small for their heads, as well as the fact that they are banded. Their outline seem a bit too dark and grayish for something made of glass (or something glass-like), maybe make it a bit more teal-ish. Also, Olimar's helmet is actually flatter on the bottom.

Here's a bit of an idea of what I'm aiming (went ahead and fixed the jaggies on his nose, too)
[Image: Olimari.bmp]