The VG Resource

Full Version: 3D model usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I want to make a fangame about few characters around the gaming but I'm completly newbie. I've downloaded few models and when I unpacked them I've got types of files that I don't know how to open them like SMD, DAE, PSK, OBJ, etc. . What are programs for open and work with them? I have Blender on my computer so I'd like to ask about some plugins or something for it, but I'm also open for better ideas than Blender (if they exist). I hope I said clearly what I ask, so I'm waiting for answers. Thanks to those who will answer.
In Blender goto File>Import and you should see an option for .dae and .obj. Click the one you want to import and locate the folder where the model is.

Note: If you want to animate the character without having to rig it first, you should import the DAE because OBJ doesn't support bones.
Ok I know what to do with DAE and OBJ, but what about other files?
(10-28-2013, 09:58 AM)Jackapple Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I know what to do with DAE and OBJ, but what about other files?

There's a SMD plugin for Blender or you can use Noesis to convert the files to something else.

Noesis

SMD Plugin
(10-29-2013, 01:21 AM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2013, 09:58 AM)Jackapple Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I know what to do with DAE and OBJ, but what about other files?

There's a SMD plugin for Blender or you can use Noesis to convert the files to something else.

Noesis

SMD Plugin

Thanks but there's still PSK left.
You can use Noesis to convert the PSK.
(10-29-2013, 01:10 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: [ -> ]You can use Noesis to convert the PSK.

Thank you very much and sorry for problem.