The VG Resource

Full Version: Some sort of start on Kid Icarus sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 2013-10-24_1205.png]
Made these up in about a day, and I might make more. I'll at least do some ground tiles or some shit, and perhaps some enemies. It's meant to be a bridge between the retro+modern KI designs.
How did you do those sprites? Are they customs? Edits perhaps?

Either way, what you have is most impressive!
Awesome as usual Pik. I'd love to see some animations.
Love it! I've wanted to see some good SNES-style Kid Icarus sprites for a while. I hope you do more!
shiet, i was going to make kid icarus sprites too.. i guess i was ninja'd.. pretty nice sprites!
Double ninja'd, I was also going to. I don't see any real problems with this sprite, aside from the eyes. They just... don't look like Pit's eyes.
More stuff:
[Image: 2013-10-25_0445.png]

(10-24-2013, 02:16 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]How did you do those sprites? Are they customs? Edits perhaps?

Either way, what you have is most impressive!
They're custom. The tiles are based off of the original arrangement found in the NES game, so structurally they may seem very similar. Think of them as spiritual successors, maybe?

And thank you!
(10-24-2013, 02:39 PM)NOT KOOPAUL Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome as usual Pik. I'd love to see some animations.
Totally, animations should be coming soon. It'll be good practice for me, since I'm not as good animating smaller sprites.

(10-24-2013, 02:41 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]Love it! I've wanted to see some good SNES-style Kid Icarus sprites for a while. I hope you do more!
Thanks ton! Speaking of the SNES, I wonder if these could be converted to work on one. That would be neat to look into.

(10-24-2013, 07:37 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]shiet, i was going to make kid icarus sprites too.. i guess i was ninja'd.. pretty nice sprites!
#owned
heheh, but feel free to still make yours.

(10-25-2013, 01:32 AM)Quotient Wrote: [ -> ]Double ninja'd, I was also going to. I don't see any real problems with this sprite, aside from the eyes. They just... don't look like Pit's eyes.
Thanks for the feedback. What would you suggest for his eyes?
Gors, Quotient, why don't you guys all work together with Pik here? You all want to make Kid Icarus sprites, so do it together! What an amazing collaboration.
I'm ok with that idea. Adapt Hades and Palutena and everyone to the style. Big Grin
I'd be willing to join, too. I'm liking this style.
Why not move it to the Sprite Project board then? If so many people want to collaborate with Pik, this should actually be a lot of fun!
I'm in!

Make his eyes a pixel taller. Could work, could not.
congrats on 666th post
You're making me want a Super Kid Icarus so hard right now.
Love how Pit turned out. Can't wait to see what the enemies look like!
Oh man guys, I would love this to become a group project!

Here are some enemies and other assorted sprites-
[Image: 2013-10-26_1240.png]
I edited Pit's wings and bow.

(10-25-2013, 04:43 PM)Quotient Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in!

Make his eyes a pixel taller. Could work, could not.
congrats on 666th post
Here's how he looks with a pixel longer eye:
[Image: 2013-10-26_1241.png]
Dunno how I feel about that
also thankyou
Pages: 1 2