The VG Resource

Full Version: T_M's Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, uh, hello.
Since my mind wanders, I found myself editing and even making some Bomberman sprites (SB3 styled). After a few pms, here we are.
Onwards!

[Image: 53rj.png]
An unfinished attempt at the Fairy Bomber character.
I might redo it, not completely sure. Trying for a smaller character like Cossack Bomber, but keeping her abit bigger than him while being shorter than the other normal bomber characters.

[Image: eczg.png]
Guess who this is. Cute

[Image: dg33.png]
And what started my descent into editing.
A large mess of sprites and poses from both Super Bomberman 3 and Mega Bomber. Being so simple got me confident to start editing and working around with the sprites.
It's a nice start; however, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it have more shades? I'm assuming this because your style seems to be trying to emulate the style of the remake. Besides, if you look at the sprites of the original game for the NES, all of them had three colors at most, while your sprites have more colors than that. Also, would you mind if you make your sprites bigger? If you compare them to the size of other sprites from the game, they are very tiny. Despite this, I think this sheet could go places.

If you need help on achieving a good SMB3 style, why don't you ask Neweegee? Not only is he good with the style, but he's also a swell guy!
No not Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Bomberman 3, lmao. He's got the style down pretty good imo. Smile
Ohhhhhh... Whoops! I misread the abriviation and thought he was talking about Super Mario Bros. 3. My bad!

Heheh, I understand it was a mistake but I couldn't resist. Big Grin

[Image: n6x4.png]
Heh! What do ya know? A minor goof on my part turned into an interesting side project for you! If you're going to do more posses for those Mario sprites, I would love to see them!
Heheh, I'll keep that in mind when I get the time so more poses for NES BomberMario can come. Cute

Brain? Hello? It was supposed to be a side-project.
No? Alright, alright.

[Image: lly3.png]
NES BomberMario's basic movement is finished, but now I'm gonna let my brain rest on that for a moment.

[Image: aiyd.png]
Oh, hi Mighty.
I can't tell which one looks better...
For Mighty, I'd say the left one looks kinda fat, but that was the style for Bomberman back then, so if you're going for authenticity, I'd say use the left.

By the way, totally loving the custom bombers!
You should also make his boots blue like his body -- while I appreciate that you tried to differentiate the shades, it doesn't make sense to use an extra color so I'd say to eliminate it.
I also think that the one on the left should have the cape points -- or, do it however Bagular's cape works.
i personally hate the SBM3 style. A visible downgrade consideting SBM1 and 2. But oh well

the problem with your Mario sprite is that he still doesn't have human anatomy. I think SBM4 had human characters so you should look for them as references. Don't be afraid to look up official hand drawn art in order to capture the artist's art style also.
Oogh... What a terrible time to be overburdened with a massive headache...

I started work on Mighty, it'll be awhile before I get decent progress done to show... Maybe tomorrow may fair better progress.

As for BomberMario... I finished him in a few hours, surprisingly...
[Image: 8vl2.png]
I might go back one day and make him more like Mario himself instead of BomberMario, maybe even try to make his own base like how I did with Fairy Bomber... But for now, Super BomberMario 3 on the Nes exists!

I'm gonna go lay down for awhile now.
Since those Bomberman sprites aren't limited to three colors, I don't think you should limit Mario to that as well. I'd say the one with the blue overalls looks best. I have to agree with Gors, SMB3 on NES didn't have as good Mario sprites as SMB2.
What a busy time. Halloween, birthday 'party' and job searc- Nobody cares, on to the sprites!

As for BomberMario, he finally has his color, evolved from NES BomberMario.
Maybe too much color.
[Image: 5ehx.png]

There is a strange charm to BomberMario, but as Gors said to, I did take a look at Honey and WhatshisfaceSamurai with BomberMario. I tried some changes.
[Image: 2qfa.png]

Finally Mighty... My motivation was mostly lost when I worked on the cape. Still not complete but I'm trying to get there.
[Image: g6v4.png]