The VG Resource

Full Version: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the First Cut-scene based Trailer for the game.

what do you guys think? I think it's shaping up to be an amazing video game Smile

Can't wait to play it i'm a huge Zelda fan Big Grin
I enjoyed watching that. Big Grin

I was ABOUT to comment how I kind of disliked the villain having such a similar look to Ganondorf at first glance, but after seeing the character Hilda at the end and the implication that Lorule is some manner of alternate Hyrule, perhaps the villain is in fact an alternate Ganon, and in Lorule they are still human.
Having an alternate "Lorule" lends a lot more credence to the theory that Termina is supposed to be an unblessed land beneath the "Hyrule" of the heavens...
Perhaps, but I feel like they won't even touch upon that and that there's gonna end up that Termina, Lorule and the original Dark World are completely different things. (The Dark World is probably different anyway regardless, though).
I don't subscribe to the theory, but it was just a passive thought since I know it's popular in the fandom. I like to believe Termina is simply a neighboring kingdom or a delusion.

Lorule probably won't be the Dark World, considering the fact that the Dark World is a cursed Golden World.
Yeah Nintendo is famous for missed opportunities connecting things. I was especially mad when they made the boss Kamela in Galaxy when it could have easily been Kammy Koopa.

It has to do with different developers liking or wanting to use different things. I found out some developers like or dislike particular game that other developers made. Sometimes they haven't even played that game! No really! They'll say something like "I didn't play that game, so this game has nothing to do with that game"

I used to believe that the Nintendo company knew everything about their own games, and different development teams knew what other development teams were doing.

But that's not true at all! Everything is secretive and unpersonal as hell. No one knows what anyone is doing, and sometimes they themselves don't know what they are doing! Next Level Games didn't know they were making a 3DS Luigi's Mansion at first.
That's kind of like American comic books (at least DC and Marvel). One writer takes over the title for six months, but the writer immediately after them hates the storyline so it ends up retconned or completely ignored, with all plot progression pretty much erased and new characters forgotten. Kind of tiresome after a while, but it occasionally results in fresh ideas.
well

I hate the graphical style, and I'm not a huge Zelda person so I'm gonna probably pass..
(10-12-2013, 12:47 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Nintendo is famous for missed opportunities connecting things. I was especially mad when they made the boss Kamela in Galaxy when it could have easily been Kammy Koopa.

It has to do with different developers liking or wanting to use different things. I found out some developers like or dislike particular game that other developers made. Sometimes they haven't even played that game! No really! They'll say something like "I didn't play that game, so this game has nothing to do with that game"

I used to believe that the Nintendo company knew everything about their own games, and different development teams knew what other development teams were doing.

But that's not true at all! Everything is secretive and unpersonal as hell. No one knows what anyone is doing, and sometimes they themselves don't know what they are doing! Next Level Games didn't know they were making a 3DS Luigi's Mansion at first.
It's more that Mario games kinda have their own sub-series that for the most part keep to themselves. Sometimes they cross over, but not too often. I don't really think it's a problem, and it makes when they do cross over a bit more special.
I for one love the graphical style and how true it stays true to the original sprite style. Also is that Ganondorf we see in the end or the beast form of Lorule's form of him?
http://www.gengame.net/2013/10/your-dung...en-worlds/

And this is EXACTLY what I was talking about, making a non-linear game still story-driven. Pokemon could learn a thing or two from that.
I hope it plays out well. There's been a lot of situations where a developer has made comments about how certain things change based on how you do them, whether it be the order you do, the choices you make, etc, but it only ended up changing perhaps one or two lines of dialogue. It would be nice to, say, change WHO was involved in a given cutscene based on your dungeon order.
To be honest, I was thinking of trying something like that if I ever make a game. Sure, it takes a lot of work since you would need to make a completely different cutscene for each outcome, but it's a good compromise if you want to have a non-linear game with story.
I played a bit of this at NYCC and it was pretty fun. I really need to get a 3DS soon...