The VG Resource

Full Version: Ex and Why general thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
In this thread, we shall discuss the newly-released games.

Some first impressions I want to share:

The game looks quite nice in general, except for the touch screen's interface, which is unpleasant to look at. From my first hour of playing, I get the feeling the difficulty has been reduced again, of course it's too early for me to really know this. Going by what I've heard so far, the music is pretty good, as is the overall presentation.

I've only bought a hat for my character so far, but the customization seems rather promising, and better than I was expecting. However, I did notice that green eyes don't seem to exist in the Pokéverse. Hm.
Pokémon X & Y is out already? I thought it was on the 12th.

I am confuse.
Some countries have put it out way early, some people are getting their pre-orders in the mail early(which happens all the time with music as well), and some shitlord stores are selling it early(I really have a problem with this, it just bugs me).
I heard some stores that break the date have been fined as much as 2k a copy. Forget where though so it could be false.
I thought it was a thread about why you broke up with your girl/boyfriend
My X and Y she's a bitch.
So it's midnight in most of the US now. Who has it? Playing it yet? Is it everything you thought it would be? Which version did you get?

Personally I preordered both cause I was just too hyped not to. I can't pick up my copies until Sunday though. :\
There's a Gamestop less than a mile from where I live so I decided to walk over and see how many people were there. I ended up getting a copy of Pokemon Y despite not having a 3DS yet, so I'll probably hold off from opening it until I get one (which should be very soon).

(10-11-2013, 11:22 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]I heard some stores that break the date have been fined as much as 2k a copy. Forget where though so it could be false.

The only thing I could find on it so far is this:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214171
I just got X in the mail. Seems my best friend ordered it for me. I was totally surprised, since I asked him before if he would sponsor me some extra money I needed to buy Sonic Lost World next week.
I wish I was rich, so I can return the favor :/ Oh well, Pokemon time!
Decided to play in Japanese since I can read a decent amount and will have no trouble finding resources in English if I simply have no idea what I'm doing at a certain point.
My starter and Kanto starter (Fennekin and Bulbasaur respectively) both wound up being female! That was pretty neat.
I caved and bought it.

It is seriously a LOT easier. I had a fire, water and grass type within in the first 30 minutes. Also, they give you a Chicorita or whatever just for connecting to the internet. Level 10 from the word go. So my main starter isn't my best anymore.
I never played a new Pokémon title ever since Ruby and Sapphire and I only got back into Pokémon about a year ago after playing Pokémon Yellow. I had thoughts on getting this game, but ever since I saw a part of Tealgamemaster's let's play of the game, I really want to get this game now! Everything about it is so beautiful and so much has changed in a good way! Plus...

I had no expectations for this game, so it already has me happy

my only real complaint is that there are absolutely no left handed options anywhere

I cant set my R button to A, only the L button

I cant hold the stylus with my left hand during training mingames because it doesn't map the movement
keys to both sides of the 3ds, meaning i have to hold the thing backwards monkey paw style just to
make it work, which is pretty frustrating

I wouldn't complain if it weren't for the fact that I'm on of the few lefties that seriously cant aim a fork at a
steak with my right hand much less use it in tandem with my left for precise movement whilst focusing at
two screens for the purposes of attacking and dodging

Other than that, yeah the disbursement of decent Pokemon is a little too large early on, and there aren't a lot
of diverse type options at start either really. Bee prepared to catch a lot of bugs, although i suppose that isn't
much different than the previous generations.

I'd give it a 3 outa 5
I am really happy to see certain Pokemon in the wild, like the Monkey trio (even if I don't use them, I just love monkeys) and Eevee, but part of me thinks they let you have quite a lot really early. Before I even got to the second gym I had one of each type (Dragon I almost didn't, but I got Tyrunt right before that town), and a lot of them are pretty devastating. Of course I'd only call Shennanigans if I had a Ditto by now too.
I got a 2DS and Pokemon X both on launch day...well...my brother bought Pokemon so it's his, but he does let me watch him play it. So far, the music, 8-directional walking and 3D graphics are very cool, but some of the Pokemon aren't very cool, in fact, I think they get pretty ugly.

I'm still surprised that X is selling more than Y when it seemed like everyone wanted Y,
but I'm even more surprised to see an "Over 9000!" reference in the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12