The VG Resource

Full Version: Unprecidented! A New Look for Pikachu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214040

Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of the Pokemon Company announced that he will appear on Japanese TV on October 28th. He says he's been working on an unprecedented game that will change Pikachu.

Ishihara is worried about how the change will affect Pikachu's popularity...

What do you guys think?

Oddly enough I thought of a new spin-off game starring a talking Pikachu in an action adventure role NOT taking place in the Pokemon world. Pikachu's own world with his own set of characters.
Are they talking about a physical change, or just how he is played?

Because unless they are making a game called "Pikachu's Racist Rape Simulator",
I don't know if a gameplay standpoint is going to affect his popularity.
I'm actually looking forward to this. If it's going to be like Koopaul's idea, then I hope it ends up something like a game Rare would make (as in a platformer game where you collect various objects and interact with a cast of humorous characters)!
Yeah I wish! I don't think they make those kinds of games anymore... unless its indie.
I don't think it's going to be anything THAT off the chain, knowing Game Freak. After all, even Pokemon Conquest wasn't. If it's just a talking Pikachu, then that'd open up a window to Pokemon learning to speak english (or Japanese) like some did on the animated show. That's not that life-changing; it'd still be Pikachu. If they made him some hardcore mobster that pillages towns...then that'd change Pikachu.
Just bring back fat pikachu and it's all good
(10-10-2013, 11:38 AM)StarSock64 Wrote: [ -> ]Just bring back fat pikachu and it's all good

What if in the mainstream Pokemon games, feeding Pikachu too many Poffins/Pokeblocks/whatever turns him/her into Fat Pikachu, which'll be an official, seperately registered Forme in the Pokedex. Frequent battles will turn him/her back into Fit Pikachu. Just a stupid idea that popped up.
(10-10-2013, 04:37 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]"Pikachu's Racist Rape Simulator",

I laughed out loud at this
No I want a fat Pikachu that stays fat. But yeah totally bring back fat Pikachu, he was in all honesty the best design.
I find modern Pikachu cuter but both are fine.

Either way Pikachu is still overrated and gets too much attention.
Oh wow... If that's going to be what Pikachu looks like in the next game (hopefully not), then there's no chance I'm ever going to play another Pokémon game again.
NOOO! Cry

Pikachu is my fav pokemon, It's literally the first pokemon I've ever used

If they changed him...

All hope is lost Blank
(10-10-2013, 01:49 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow... If that's going to be what Pikachu looks like in the next game (hopefully not), then there's no chance I'm ever going to play another Pokémon game again.

Yeah, you guys didn't hear? That's absolutely the new design for pikachu, weiner and all
(10-10-2013, 01:49 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow... If that's going to be what Pikachu looks like in the next game (hopefully not), then there's no chance I'm ever going to play another Pokémon game again.

holy wow, that flew right over your head.
Pages: 1 2 3