The VG Resource

Full Version: Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I noticed that there wasn't much in the database for this outside of the main character and the overworld map, so I thought I'd take some of it on. It seems like this game doesn't get much mention today, but it was always a favorite of mine as a kid, so I thought it needed represented. Here's where I'm at so far, and I'm sort of iffy on how to arrange these, still:

Haunted Mansion:
[Image: hauntedmansion_zps50f3368d.png]

The sprites for the dancing ghost couple reverse from the point where you see their backs and then loop again, so I did not include the mirrored sprites. I can if that would look better, though.
I was unsure about including the singing busts and the coffin the hands come out of, as they are both part of the background, but they kind of seem needed.

Pirates of the Caribbean:
[Image: piratessprites_zps8cb62268.png]

With these, I wasn't quite sure how to put them together. It seems like the pirate carrying the cannon ball might be two different sprites (the pirate and the ball), but it wouldn't look right to separate them, would it? I did separate the barrel from the man in the window who throws it, so I guess it needs to be one way or the other. I also included the cannon, even though it seems to be part of the background, otherwise, the pirate sitting on the cannon wouldn't make sense. The fire and the sticks it's on might also be two separate sprites, but again, I didn't know if I should separate it.
The victims, the diagonal gold coin, rolling barrel, smoke, and fireball are all animated with mirrored sprites.