The VG Resource

Full Version: Live a life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heres a MMO game idea ive been thinking for a while, let me know what you think Wink

Playable Character:
Each player spawn as a random creature: random races, random abilities, random feats and random starting equipment. The race should include the Tolkien/Dnd races, but also things that are really unusual, for example: 20 feet tall giant, zombie, vampires, elementals, animals or mythical creatures. Each having their way of surviving. So for most, Eat, drink, stay warm but the race can change this a lot. The giant will need to eat a lot more, the water elemental will need to stay near water, vampires, to drink blood and evade sun. Death is permanent. Also, characters can spawn with a random allies, could be a npc( in-game friend, wife, or even child) or another players.

World:
1 huge persistent map with day/night cycle and weather that moves through the map. In order to make the map look alive, npc need to travel through the world, trade and communicate, if able, with players and other npc. Random loots spot are everywhere through the world (Pretty much like the world of Dayz) which can be collected by pc and npc. There should be alot magical trinket and artefact that have random abilities, not 20 kinds of fireball. But utility abilities, things that augment mobility or illusions. Those wont be usable by every races, what is a tooth pick for a giant and club for a hobbit, may be a powerful wand for a gnome.

Goal:
Throw the player in a gigantic world and let him find ways to survive under the new settings imposed on him, amongst other players and npcs that have the same goal.

In other word, Dayz in a fantasy/medieval world with random character creation that focus more on cooperation and living the life of a random creature.

Dayz is not bad but the fact that the weapon are so deadly and have so much range, its faster to kill the dude than saying "Hey! Do you want to be my friend?".

Im selling this idea for 20k.... lol Tongue But seriously, let me know what you think and if you have your own game idea, post it in here Wink
Oh and, after writing this much, i feel like i must say: thanks for reading and sorry for my bad engrishCute
Sounds like a cool idea! It'd be difficult to make for sure, but I'd love to see something like this come to life. The fact that your character is generated randomly would certainly make it an interesting challenge.

I'm wondering whether this should go in Game Development or not. Usually game ideas go there, but only if they're ideas you intend to make something of. I guess the mods will decide.
It would be cool if Games Development had a sub-forum for Game Ideas.