The VG Resource

Full Version: valve files trademark for halflife 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
quick, check for potential ARGs
I would say this is about as likely to be something happening as that time Microsoft renewed Killer Instinct's copyright - but well, look what happened there.

I'm not going to get excited about this yet. Valve can sit on things for a loooong time. Hell the Half-Life 2 "episodes" (worse example of episodic gaming ever) took a life time to come out...
And now, an emotional episode of The VG Resource.
Basically: turns out it was indeed a fake; the trademark seems to have been taken down now.
Emotional episode
aka
"Oh okay."

Really, if Valve wanted HL3 to push along their Steam Machine, I'm pretty sure they'll make a very definite announcement about it.

or an actual ARG

Edit: note that in the article's comments, they are discussing possibilities for its still being true; perhaps it was done mistakenly? Either way don't worry about it too much.
Grab X-Com Enemy Unknown and its expansion in Nov. instead
I'm really getting sick of this whole "HL3 Confirmed" bullshit anyways. And it's not because it became a meme.

I mean for fucks sake, it's like every time valve says something related to half life everyone jumps to the conclusion there will be a sequel. It's gotten annoying for the past year to the point where even one thing mentioned automatically means that the game is fucking confirmed, and now it's a part of the main stream's ass of shitty memes?

I'm gonna be honest, fuck everyone who thinks that half life 3 is going to be confirmed anytime soon or uses the phrase for the sake of trying to be funny. No, really. Stop trying to cover some non-existent game that has yet to be even spoken of officially once.

Yeah, I'm mad about this.