The VG Resource

Full Version: Magical Drop III PlayStation Sprite Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nope, this is not a joke, and this is not a misplacement. There was actually a PlayStation port of the third Magical Drop game.

Not only was it released in Japan, but in Europe as well with no subtractions in story and character interaction (Though the translation leaves a lot to be desired).

Other noticeable differences:
- New, one-panel endings that can be played alongside the original Arcade endings (Which have all been colored)
- Black Pierrot is now playable and has his own, barely noticeable color swap.
- The card flipping animation is fully animated in 3D, as well as Wheel of Fortune's demise after beating her in any difficulty.

I may be wrong. But since I haven't seen any sprites ripped for this particular port, I figured I at least give submission a try. There may be more I'll upload when I find the time (though I don't mind if someone else rips and uploads the rest of the game should they decide to go looking for it), but for now, here are the sprites for each character.

[Image: 2cxjj3k.png]

[Image: 54tjk.png] Update
The Fool
[Image: 2evg2ol.png]
The Magician
[Image: 2wquyo9.png] Update
The High Priestess
[Image: 10ggyua.jpg]
The Empress
[Image: dr8ebc.png] Update
The Emperor
[Image: wjw4lx.png]
The Hierophant
[Image: 16bym1h.png] Update
The Lovers
[Image: 1z34fpj.png] Update
The Chariot
[Image: 10gmkvd.png] Update
Strength Jr.
[Image: 29y4jeo.png]
Strength Sr.
[Image: qxs0ae.png]
The Hermit
[Image: 25z35mo.png]
The Wheel of Fortune
[Image: 2gw7tpy.png] Update
Justice
[Image: fk03r8.png]
The Hanged Man
[Image: qph2md.png]
Death
[Image: xn8zza.png]
Temperance
[Image: zjhquw.png]
The Devil
[Image: 2ewebe0.png]
The Tower
[Image: 2z7g93r.png] Update
The Star
[Image: 11hqhvs.png]
The Moon
[Image: 2wdxc8w.png]
The Sun
[Image: rbfwk2.png]
Judgement
[Image: 2e6bslx.png]
The World
[Image: 20f2l1l.png]
The Black Pierrot
These are great! Would you mind telling me which ones are playable, NPCs, etc?
In the main One Player game, they're all playable once you unlock them. The Black Pierrot can be unlocked simply by beating him on either Normal or Hard mode, and the rest have to be unlocked after finishing the game with any character.

Strength Sr., however, has to be unlocked by beating Competition mode with his daughter. Once that happens, you can unlock him by going to Strength Jr. and pressing L1 (or the left shift button depending on the Emulator you use to play the game), and her picture will be replaced with Strength's.

In Competition and Solo Mode, only Fool, Emperor, Lovers, Chariot, Justice, and Star are playable. You run into Hierophant, Hanged Man, Devil, Hermit, Strength Sr., and Empress in Competition mode, but you don't unlock them after beating the game.
I would call the section just "Characters".

Besides that, these are great rips. Good job =D
They aren't any different from the Arcade original, as far as I can see.
Aside from the color on Star's jars and the hardly noticeable position of Fool's pompom, the rest aren't too different from the Arcade and Neo Geo version. However, there are other noticeable differences from the two versions aside from the addition of a one-panel ending and the coloring of the original Arcade endings only seen on the Japanese version of the game.

For now, if I can borrow from an already ripped Sprite Sheet of the Neo Geo version, I can show you the differences in appearance from the games Competition Mode to kinda prove somewhat of what I've seen when I dug out the rom from a site I'm sure I'm not allowed to disclose publicly.

[Image: 2dtd93a.png]
Due to an unintentional screw-up (I.E. me sucking badly at the games Solo mode) I hadn't realized that completing 100 levels on Normal congratulated me with a pic of the characters featured in the mode. I am currently attempting to play Solo on hard mode to see if there's another pic that I've missed, and I was intending to update them along with some other sprites I had listed in my signature, but due to some other distractions (mostly college and interest in ripping sprites from other Magical Drop games that haven't yet been touched), I figured it was best to upload what I've done right now and spare myself the embarrassment should someone else point out the missing sprites.