The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom fine BG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since my custom blaze the cat sheet was just fling off as some mere edit, I think I need to show I'm not some stupid noob when it come to spriting.

Now I'll show you! Custom high quality stuff ready for shipping.

[Image: DBZfightingring-4_zpsfaad2f8f.png]

[Image: Narutotestcurves.png]

[Image: Hospital.png]

[Image: showncase_zpsfd133b6c.png]

[Image: icyedit.png]
Even so, if you're trying to submit, we'd like for you to post in the sprite discussion board for feedback. A lot of the time people will catch things you haven't in your work.
Alright then. I will comply
Photobucket isen't the best place to upload sprite images... Because it can shrink larger ones... I suggest Imgur
Look, no one said you were a stupid noob, so like you said, stop adding words in our mouths.

Also none of them are high quality if you ask me. It was, maybe, until you opened up photoshop and blurred everything, adding many artificial colors that a normal pixelart wouldnt have.

So the only good pixelart is the hospital one, and even that isnt stellar either. The colors are dull, and by the size it is, not really useful. The black door with random white dots is weird and idk whats that supposed to be.

So, while you take effort on making them, none is pixelart, and little of them will be useful for something.

TSR accepts custom work of real game assets. That means, we will accept customs of game characters, enemies, tilesets and even levels. Unless those are depictions from a game asset (personally, i dont recognize any), i dont think they are submittable, but ill check this with other guys.
Effects were added to them but this is pixel art. Also I didn't say any called me a noob. I said I needed to show I'm not a noob. There's a big difference. Would you like me to explain?
Okay, really guy?

You need to change your attitude here, because this shit doesn't fly here
Frankly, I'm surprised the mods have put up it with for even this long

I don't know how you act on other sites, but talking down to other members and personally insulting MODERATORS
repeatedly in multiple threads is not the way to go about it here.

To be blunt, no one cares about how skilled you may be or how good you think you are, none of that matters

All that matters is that every post you've made so far have been the posts of a condescending asshole with way too large of an ego.

Oh, just an FYI for you, applying "effects" to pixel based media kind of disregards the entire point of pixels to begin with. If you wanted
to paint with gradients and lens flares, just do it and leave the incorrect classification out of the equation.
Dude, cut the condescending bullshit. You come off as a total asshat because you think people can't follow you and talk down to everyone.
The effects make them *not* pixel art anymore, as you can't do those effects with pixel art alone, and they're all just a mess, especially the desert? one, which is just a mashing of dull brown shades. The rest suffer from terrible texturing as well.
????????????????????

Okay......Polite doesn't work. Lets try something else. What have I been doing OH SNAPple?
i don't think the way you've been posting counts as polite, to be honest
I don't know what going on, lol. People just get angrier with each post? Why, what am I doing? Could someone explain where I went wrong?

When I talk like this it usually resolve conflicts very quickly. I'm literally being as nice as I can.

Let turn away from this and find a topic.
How about I show what one picture originally looked like. The rocks are over saturated, the sky needs adjustments, and the rock on the left have a small problem but this is the picture. How does it look?

[Image: DBZfightingring-3.png]
(09-30-2013, 08:32 PM)Vinn Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what going on, lol. People just get angrier with each post? Why, what am I doing? Could someone explain where I went wrong?

by no means am i angry, i'm just kinda pointing out that if this is polite i'd hate to see rude

but to answer your question, it probably started with the condescending attitude your first several posts in this thread have, the straight up aggressiveness this post has, and the negative response to criticism in this thread
You're still not explaining. It doesn't help if I have no idea what you mean. How about you highlight a phase I said and explain it meaning. Also I think you have your definition a little confused, but let's clarify. Where was I negative toward the criticism?

"condescending attitude"
You mean the giggle reply? Yeah but is that really what it took?
AAaaaaaaaanyway, he put up a pic that is actually pixel art. Can we start fresh by commenting on that, please?
(09-30-2013, 08:32 PM)Vinn Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what going on, lol. People just get angrier with each post? Why, what am I doing? Could someone explain where I went wrong?

When I talk like this it usually resolve conflicts very quickly. I'm literally being as nice as I can.

Let turn away from this and find a topic.
How about I show what one picture originally looked like. The rocks are over saturated, the sky needs adjustments, and the rock on the left have a small problem but this is the picture. How does it look?

[Image: DBZfightingring-3.png]
So instead of doing all those effects in photoshop, why don't you try and portray the shadow through pixel art, and fine tune it with pixel art?
Pages: 1 2 3