The VG Resource

Full Version: Sega purchases Index/Atlus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nikkei
Quote:ゲーム・コンテンツ製作会社で民事再生手続き中のインデックスは、セガサミーホールディングスに実質的に経営譲渡する方針を固めた。11月にもセガサミーが140億円前後でインデックスを買収。同社は現在、事業整理による負債圧縮を進めており、セガサミー傘下で主力のゲーム事業を軸に経営再建を進める。

インデックスは多角化経営の失敗で債務超過に陥り、6月に民事再生法の適用を東京地方裁判所に申請した。申請時の負債…

kotaku
Quote:Atlus will soon be a Sega brand, reports Japan's Nikkei.

The Japanese news source reports that there have been substantial steps forward for Index Corporation (Atlus' parent company) to transfer management control over to Sega Sammy Holdings (Sega's parent company).

This comes as Sega will formally purchase Index for 14 billion yen (US$141 million), and Index's game business is being reorganized under Sega.

Last August, there were reports that Sega was among twenty companies bidding for Index, which was going through financial proceedings. This summer, Atlus said its brand would carry on and was "unaffected" by the financial troubles.

s-so is atlus dead
Sega has the rights to plenty of niche games and don't seem to get in the way of them. So, I hope it will just stay that way.
(09-17-2013, 11:10 PM)soulcaliburfan Wrote: [ -> ]Sega has the rights to plenty of niche games and don't seem to get in the way of them. So, I hope it will just stay that way.

its not that they interfere with niche games it's that they're really shitty when it comes to translating said niche games

i'm looking at you pso2, valk2/3, shining arc
Blank
I thought Sega wasn't doing too well itself.. can they really afford to take on another sinking ship?
someone on NeoGAF posted this
Quote:Sonic Chronicles 2, developed by Atlus.

If that actually happened it could possibly be half decent.
Interesting. If they can still churn out a Zenoclash III I'll be happy.
Nothing really important here is happening

Sega Sammy Holdings bought Altus, not Sega

Sega has nothing to do with Altus, Altus is still its own company

It just has a new bankroll to answer to, instead of Index

Besides, America hardly gets Atlus releases anyway
Sega Sammy may have been Atlus's buyers, but they placed Index properties under Sega Dream which is under Sega (which is under Sega Sammy lol).

It'd be cool if Atlus USA could pick up Sega's slack in localizing games. Provided they were included in the purchase. And still exist.
(Honestly, even with a little bit of research, it's hard to tell if Atlus USA even still existed any more; things indicated that the company itself hasn't existed for some time and that it's just a brand that Index Digital Media's been publishing under, but still?)
(09-18-2013, 07:57 PM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. If they can still churn out a Zenoclash III I'll be happy.

I'm sure I said this in another thread, but, again, that's not Atlus!!!!!!!

About this I've been kinda mad that it was Sega of all companies, but people has been telling me this is good and that Sega may have been the best option so idk

(09-18-2013, 09:49 PM)OH SNAPple Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, America hardly gets Atlus releases anyway

Huh? I'm sure the West gets plenty of Atlus. Actually Atlus is probably the one company that localize their games the most
Yeah, sorry for posting

I guess those were my opinions and not facts based in reality

I suppose the reality is that I dont even really care about this~

so why did i even post

good luck Atlus