The VG Resource

Full Version: MegaBloom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend I attempted a make a game in a day challenge.
Unfortunately, I didn't even get close to finished :\
So I've decided just to post what I had when time was up.
[Image: CrIXWVT.png] [Image: IeBAO4Y.png] [Image: FpIxssL.png]

So the game was going to be a Megaman 2 Style thing with tSR characters.
You play as Bloom and save the non-robot residents of tSR. You would then gain there power and whatnot.

There were 2 other levels that were playable, but they weren't quite ready.
Also, I was working on Gors boss fight when my timer went off, so it's not done either. I decided to include it because his levels were more of less ready.

I'm probably going to go ahead and make this a week long project instead.
I decided to post it already to get some feedback and suggestions.
All the graphics, save for Bloom, were rushed, so they need some work.

Download!

Also, thanks to Gors for letting me use his music Smile

Edit:
Oh controls.
arrows keys
Z - A
X - B
Enter - Cycle Powers

Edit Edit:
I've ALWAYS wanted to make Mega Man style Bloom game. So glad to see it Big Grin
i'd love to help with graphics if you need
That's awesome! Big Grin

(09-15-2013, 01:26 PM)Lexou Duck Wrote: [ -> ]i'd love to help with graphics if you need
this game is fake, i should be the hardest boss in this game

this is really fun though!
For anyone wanting to help with graphics, I've updated the first post with the current enemies list.
Feel free to create your own too.

And environments would be nice. I'm using sprites from Megaman 2 right now as placeholders.
HELL.

Ploaj I swear one day I will do something amazing for you.

Not gonna lie I can't really play it (at least with sound) right now and I am not sure when I'll be able to but I am at a loss of words for this anyway.
Great job Ploaj.I found a bug on the 3rd level (I think) when I got hit by a Shell when he was next to the wall. I got stuck in the wall and couldn't get out =/.
I found some bugs too. I know you made this quickly though so it's understandable.

First one is that if you die on Gors' stage you are taken to Starsock's stage, the other is that in the beginning of the second level on Gors' stage, you can walk to the left and fall off the edge.

EDIT: Made some tiles, don't really know what they'd be used for though.
[Image: iMrNVwLcuQHtJ.png]
I found a bug, too. On the Starsock stage, in the area with the star platforms specifically. I think it applies to all "bloom-height" platforms.

If you jump from underneath it in some specific way, your jump is disabled. I figure it has something to with whatever code you use to prevent jumping more than once until grounded as walking to the platform after the gap allows you to jump again.