The VG Resource

Full Version: 16 bit Spriting advice needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am Matsuda123. I am a new spriter here, and have come to seek advice on making sprites for my RPG. But first, how can I display images of what I already have?
Upload your images to imgur.com and then post the BBCode (it will have an [img] tag in it) here.
[Image: FQIlLg6.png]

I'm currently trying to create a world map representation for a Japanese city of Yoshinogari for my RPG, but I don't know, I just don't really like how it's turning out...
Ignore the plant though that's just for color.
Unless it is for an overworld map, it looks really small and unmanageable for a character to walk around in. The Blue also feels out of place imo. Also why is there a tent and a tepee? If you wanna look at olden day Japanese Villages, I'd actually suggest using Inuyasha's backgrounds and stuff for a reference.
Actually it is for the overworld lol. I tried to make water.. Idk how that's turning out. Actually Yoshinogari is older than Inuyasha's time, which is in the Edo period. This city is representing the yayoi period, about 300 B.C. to 300 A.D.

The buildings I attempted to model off of this...

http://www.yoshinogari.jp/en/contents2/c...3_5_1.html
the problem is that it's too tiny to be readable. Make it bigger so the elements are viewed better.