The VG Resource

Full Version: Project AXSX (A Sonic-Xtreme re-creation)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: axsx05.png]

Main Project Team:
Andrew75: Project lead, Art guy, Programming, shader programing, testing and quality assurance, research.
Skarik: Programming, shader programmer, and lead bug fix guy.
Xak: Main engine programmer for Sonic GDK (base to XGDK), and Lead programmer for XGDK engine.
Xeniczone: Lead programmer for Game maker version (now discontinued)

Hi guys, How's it going? There is just so many things done with the project including side projects that were used as stepping stones to develop aspects for AXSX. It is hard to pick what to show and what not to show.)
(also, sorry about any bad grammar and formatting)

For those who don't know the project, Its a Re-engineering of Sonic X-treme using videos and images as reference material to re-create various environments and gameplay ideas.
( yes, I like to think of this more as a Visual Re-Engineering project than a fangame. Although I must say AXSX is a fangame at heart since I've added some of my own concepts and ideas.
I use the word Visual since no gameplay code officially has been made public)

Lets start by showing A finished AXSX level
Warning if you have epilepsy do not watch. (Flashing textures)

Might I suggest using spoiler tags? Your post is HUGE and honestly just looks like a massive wall of text and screenshots. I'd either put the majority of the post in a single spoiler, or separate ones, breaking it into sections. That'll be much cleaner and easier for people to navigate, not to mention save a LOT of scrolling.

As it is it just looks a bit daunting, maybe even painful to read. I'm not a big fan of the Sonic franchise, but from what I've seen this looks nice and I'd be willing to check out what you've got if you make it a bit easier to read Smile
Oh man, I've seen this before! It's so cool!

I've always been interested in Sonic Xtreme and I'd definitely like to play this when it's done.
Good luck!
(09-11-2013, 06:11 AM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Might I suggest using spoiler tags? Your post is HUGE and honestly just looks like a massive wall of text and screenshots. I'd either put the majority of the post in a single spoiler, or separate ones, breaking it into sections. That'll be much cleaner and easier for people to navigate, not to mention save a LOT of scrolling.

As it is it just looks a bit daunting, maybe even painful to read. I'm not a big fan of the Sonic franchise, but from what I've seen this looks nice and I'd be willing to check out what you've got if you make it a bit easier to read Smile

Hows this ? Sorry I was so exhausted at the time that I did the post, it was just a copy past from my home forum.
Yeah, that's great.

I really like this project. It kind of reminds me of the Retro Engine what with you basically completely remaking the game from scratch, but so much more complex!
(09-11-2013, 10:44 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that's great.

I really like this project. It kind of reminds me of the Retro Engine what with you basically completely remaking the game from scratch, but so much more complex!
Thanks man !
Also i'm still adding things to that first post.. there is just so much to edit !

Edit: Ok I think i'm done adding stuff now... lol
Anyone here do any Sega Saturn hacking?
Unfortunately I don't think so, but if you have questions, you can post them here or in Questions, Info, and Tutorials. Maybe someone can help you out.
Cool, yeah I'll have to do that as we found what looks to be new textures hidden in the leaked 718 demo that are un-identifiable since the pallets are missing and they also seem to be some kind of tile layout maps or something like that. (I'll post more on them when I make the request post)
Logo Fun.
Which of the 3 do you like? Also do the sound FX match or feel out of place?
Definitely the first one.
The sound effects sound fine to me, but is there a more, uh... period-correct sound for the crumbling?
(09-14-2013, 04:33 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely the first one.
The sound effects sound fine to me, but is there a more, uh... period-correct sound for the crumbling?

I couldn't find any classic sound FX that would match very well. if you have any suggestions im all ears.
Here we go!
Hope this holds you guys over for awhile....
Wow. I have followed this project over at Sonic Retro, but never really said anything about it. This just looks fantastic, have always wanted to see some form of adaptation of the Xtreme gameplay style.