The VG Resource

Full Version: Playstation Vita TV (Consolized PSVita)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Source (Joystiq)

So, what are people's thoughts on this?

Honestly, while I like the concept in broad strokes (cheaper Vita alternative, and on a bigger screen!), to me it feels like something Sony rushed out quickly. For one, the fact that it's gonna use Dualshock 3s for control means that games with mandatory touchscreen/back-touchpad controls are out of the question, at least so far. Secondly, this will STILL use the fuck-off expensive proprietary memory cards, so unless you get a bundle and/or Sony decides to give this fucker internal memory, you STILL won't be able to play games without buying external memory at a hideously-inflated price.
And people rail on Nintendo.
Being a man who's never owned a handheld Sony console, I guess I don't really have anything to say, and don't have much business in here, but it sounds like a downgrade that's meant to try and sucker in more money.
This kind of kills the purpose of a handheld console.

Then again, it never seemed like vita was really marketed as a handheld anyways.
I don't understand this, from what I saw I thought the main thing of the Vita was to be able to play console quality games on handheld, they even have a way you're able to take some PS3 games on the go with Vita, and they make a T.V one anyway?

I'm guessing it's some sort of counter-attack to the 2DS.
Seems like a stand-alone Game Boy Player type of machine, to me. Handheld-to-TV consoles are always a good thing when you're at home.
My roommate owns a Vita and it legitimately seems like a really nice handheld system. Maybe when all of my money isn't going into getting an arcade cabinet I'll get one (just for P4 and Katamari because I'm a gross loser (aka suggest me more games))

But with handhelds, I dunno, I just kinda like to cuddle up somewhere and play them. I mean if they have a HDMI adapter of sorts I'd be cool with that for the possible very few times I might just wanna play this shit on a tv, but in all honesty, handheld games for me or just relaxing games. Hence while I'll just cuddle up in bed or on a couch somewhere and play.