The VG Resource

Full Version: TSRODIUS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(listen to this while reading the text)

We were happy, doing unrealistic tasks. While inexperienced, we had laughs, made projects and showed effort on them.

TSRODIUS was such a project. With little knowledge but a lot of willpower, a lot of sprites and music were done. We had fun back then, but years pass quickly. Forgotten in the mists of time, no one picked this project up and programmed it. This 'would-be game' never saw the light of the day.

...That is, until now.

Tomguycott and I have been trying to ressurect it many times. But a lot of real life issues held us back from doing it. This time is different, though.

We proudly present you what TSRODIUS could have been; it's a prototype and we're still working on it in order to make this a fun game. Sure, things change a lot in 3 years, and many assets are outdated. But with your help, we'll do them from scratch, and who knows, make a game that everyone will enjoy.

Members come and go; references are deemed unfunny; trends flourish in an instant. We want to capture the new essence and update TSRODIUS, with new music, graphics and players!

Have fun with the Prototype, and feel free to give suggestions!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3444...pha1.2.exe

CONTROLS:

Arrow keys: movement
Very Sad shot
S: power-up

Other options can be selected in the window menu.

Note: this game is difficult as for now, as it is a really rough draft of what's to come. Enemies are really fast, and so are the bullets. But it's a prototype! This also means there are no sound effects either.

OBS: doing the konami code will not work here. But you can press space for a free 1up and a power capsule Smile
rip many many guycotts
(09-07-2013, 01:25 AM)Zac Wrote: [ -> ]rip many many guycotts

seconding

Anyway I tried it out and even if this seems quite crazy in difficulty, it looks pretty promising. (Gradius Gaiden-styled in means of weapon sets, how lovely) So are you guys going to do this whole thing again from scratch on any new engine or ??

Also I really want to join in this project!! I dunno what I can bring but I think my best forte would be in sound effects (because I can rip lots of them from the original arcade Parodius-games straight from the ). I can't do much graphical here except bringing in source material (maybe sprite rips...) On the game design ideas I'd like to give some of input (since I'm quite a huge fan of Parodius + Gradius)

I mean I wouldn't even care if I did become playable character or not I just want to get this baby back to live because I remember coming here in VGResource once due this project and this kind of project sounded so fun to work on at: I think it's also one of my bigger inspirations on Comedius (Because sometimes I had thought of programming the engine and possibly show it for you incase it might be something I could use to get your thing back to life)

Still I'd like to hear more details on your plans!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TpslstnN14

I am going to do an entirely original, SNES Konami style soundtrack for this game. Now that I know how to rip samples and such, It'll fit better with the graphics, and everything else.

(though this is in particular, inspired by Twinbee)
(09-07-2013, 08:30 AM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TpslstnN14

I am going to do an entirely original, SNES Konami style soundtrack for this game. Now that I know how to rip samples and such, It'll fit better with the graphics, and everything else.

(though this is in particular, inspired by Twinbee)

Wow, this sounds quite Pop'n Twinbee-esque to me- (-lvl-) Anyway, agreeing that it fits on this project better overall.
This was the project that everyone compares to when another project dies away. Guess that can't be said anymore!

Haven't gotten a chance to download the alpha, but I hope to soon! Smile
Let me know if you find bugs. My game making skills are unrefined at best.
The bubbles... THE BUBBLES!

Gave it a try, the only thing that I would consider a "bug" is the fact that you can respawn yourself into walls and Guycott gets stuck. Other than that, I look forward to seeing what else you guys do! Smile
Yeah, that's something I gotta deal with, but I have a plan.
I guess make the respawning be blocked by the solid parts on the stage? Would balance the character placement too when respawning...
Gotta be honest I wasn't expecting this at all.

Applause to you both and I hope to see this finished this time! I know we can do it.