The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Mario Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im want to post these custom Mario sprites on TSR, so I need some C+C
[Image: gWiFEHG.png]
Uptated the legs and tone.
Didn't you already post this?
Yes but as a sprite sheet for a game. I'm just making custom sprites now. Making a different game.
Some of these look like Mario's feet are attached to his stomach/butt and that he has no legs.
I notice your using a useless red tone (your middle tone is indistinguishable from your dark tone) and blue tone (your darkest is indistinguishable from your middle tone)
I think for the moment the sprites main issue is proportion, at the moment the legs seem to be missing and the arm appears to be only the upper arm.
some good practice would be to animate stick figures, animation techniques I found very useful for quick anatomy insight and a stick man you'd not need to worry about the flesh and clothing that can distract from the pose.
I updated the legs and the tone.
Your background color should be one that's both pleasant on the eyes but also nowhere close to the colors present in your sprite so that your sprites are easy to see and read.
As it is, your current background color is far too close to the blue used on Mario's overalls, specifically the highlight color.

[Image: joxon_zpsb3900824.png]
The only thing I did here was change the background to a nice desaturated green, and it made the thole thing much easier to look at.

On that note, you need a lot more contrast and hue shifting on your sprites. Your shades blend together too much.

edit- also, please include your changes in your latest post instead of just editing the first post in the thread.
Since the sprites are SMAS style I just made the colours into the colours of the sprites it was based off of
[Image: ZzymySI.png]
I will also use these for a mario game
That jump looks a bit akward... Maybe because he has the physique of an Orangoutang with long arms and short legs
Wait, so
If you're trying to make Mario sprites in All-Stars style
...and you're using the All-Stars palette...

...why not just use the All-Stars sprites?

Especially considering that every one of the poses you've done so far can all be found officially in the game.
Because I don't really like the SMAS (edit-) Mario(not SMAS style sprites). Mario is not that pudgey anymore, and theres somthing just about the head. And the idle is facing directly forward but all the other poses are facing partailly to the screen. Plus if I want to make original games with original sprites this would be an ok start

Hiyna S. Blackfeather, the jump problem is probobly the big muscley arm. Plus if if you look at the SMAS mario, he has a short/long physique.
You are condemning the style you claim to be using, and then use the style to defend your inconsistency.

Even if you are just changing the style to update his physique, you should also consider adjusting other inconsistencies like his other mentioned proportions.
(Edited 2nd to last post)
other porortions like...?
(09-08-2013, 10:01 PM)Hiyna S. Blackfeather Wrote: [ -> ]That jump looks a bit akward... Maybe because he has the physique of an Orangoutang with long arms and short legs

This is what I was referring to. His arms shouldn't look that long if the legs are going to remain that short. You could either keep the arms how they are and try to make the legs look longer, or vice versa.
I really can't do that because I'm trying to keep the size 16x32 and I can't place the legs higher without going past the hips
Pages: 1 2 3