The VG Resource

Full Version: Bit Adventure - a low palette zelda inspired sprite & tile set.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got a job! hurrah! not been able to post on the forum much and caused me to drop everything for a short time, but I've tried keeping up with my drawing, 3D modelling and spriting.
I've come back to the forums with some sprites and an interesting palette I quite enjoy (pretty much threw it together by chance)
[Image: 4GbfenN.png]
I'm not too sure of a goal, initially pokemon / zelda came to mind but I'm starting to think about resource gathering and dungeon crawling, I'll see where the spriting takes me.

Any and all comments and or crits are greatly appreciated,
Thanks for reading,
Bombshell
Personally, I'm having a little trouble reading the character. I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like.
Soldier, I think. Or a baseball player.
I noticed that too so I've been trying to fix up the character, mainly the face so it doesn't look like an angry mushroom.
here I also introduce the magic, bushes, path tileset, mineral rocks (coal, metal, magic stones), magic well, potions and berries (healthy berry/potion, dark berry/potion, light berry/potion)
[Image: HrROD8n.png]
I'm trying for a simplified version of another concept where the game would be based around researching, resource gathering, crafting and upgrading to aid you in dungeon crawling.
The tileset thing there looks a bit more like outside grass than dungeon rock, or is it grass? I'm having a little trouble telling the difference
it is grass, consider these tiles an overworld.
Nice to see that your back.

The jagged outlines on the higher grounds at the top and sides aren't really fun to look at. How about just making them solid lines instead?