The VG Resource

Full Version: Least Favorite Generation??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been playing, watching, and even spriting Pokémon for a long time and now I want to see what you think about this question:
"which generation of Pokémon you like the best"...is what I WOULD have asked, but I want to shake things up a bit so: which generation of Pokémon you like the least?

Not the games, trainers, episodes or anything like that, the Pokémon themselves(None of the Gens are bad, just which one do you like the least) .
*Don't vote on Gen 6 if you think it's too early*

For me it goes like this:
1. Gen 3 (Has the best Pokémon)
2. Gen 2 (Is even better than the first one)
3. Gen 4 (It did nothing wrong)
4. Gen 5 (Introduced some very ugly Pokémon)
5. Gen 6 (More of Gen 5)
6. Gen 1 (Just doesn't appeal to me like it used to)

Yes, I know this is a hard choice, but which one will get the most votes for being tVGR's least Pokémon Gen ? ? ?
None of them, in terms of games I don't favor Red/Green/Blue/Yellow much but iunno, I appreciate all generations.
I have a problem with your pole
the topic is least favorite generations, but you represent them with only a few games from those generations

if gen 3 consisted only of ruby, sapphire and emerald I wouldn't like it. But if you consider frlg, colosseum and xd, gen 3 is really something special. catching them all is a huge project and requires a lot of playthroughs of the various games.

gen 1 has stadium which greatly expands on what you can do with your save file, and the same with gen 2 and stadium 2

and each gen has a unique metagame as well, which should be taken into consideration
(08-29-2013, 10:55 AM)Zac Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with your pole
the topic is least favorite generations, but you represent them with only a few games from those generations

if gen 3 consisted only of ruby, sapphire and emerald I wouldn't like it. But if you consider frlg, colosseum and xd, gen 3 is really something special. catching them all is a huge project and requires a lot of playthroughs of the various games.

gen 1 has stadium which greatly expands on what you can do with your save file, and the same with gen 2 and stadium 2

and each gen has a unique metagame as well, which should be taken into consideration

They point out which games started them, but the poll is about which of the Generations had the most Pokémon you didn't really like.
Seems like a really negative subject, why not a poll about which generation is your favorite?
By far Gen 3.
It just seemed so... uninspired.
Especially compared to Gen 2.

and that music, ugggh
Probably gen 4 for me. To be fair though, I don't dislike any of the pokemon from that generation (or any).
Gen 2. The discovery that I had to be in certain places at certain times during certain days of the week to get some things really fouled my opinion of the game, to the point that I quit bothering to catch Pokemon or do side things and just powered through to finish it and toss it aside. I was fifteen at the time and I had school and just started working, so yeah. It went so far as to cause me to quit Pokemon until three years later when I was in an incredibly boring situation and only had my friend's GBA and Ruby Version. It was such a breath of fresh air that I got back into the series, and it even made gen 3 my favorite.
Like Chaoxys said, I don't really dislike any generation, but if I had to choose, Gen 1. It really only has nostalgia from playing as a kid going for it, otherwise I find every other generation better design wise. Gen 1 has some cool pokemon, but I like the designs of every generation after much more with 3 being my favorite design wise thus far.
It sounds like people keep voting based on their opinion of the games when I'm pretty sure the OP specified that you're voting based on -the monsters- in the games

The only pokemon I like in gen 4 are the evolutions of older pokemon so I guess it gets my vote
I'll have to go with gen 4

I hate most of the designs in 6 but it hasn't come out so I can't judge them all yet
When I first played Diamond I was unable to keep playing after the fourth gym, partly because of how slow the whole game felt but primarily because I had trouble warming up to the new pokémon. As soon as I could I ditched my starter and the few early wild pokémon I'd caught, and replaced them with a Zubat and others from the original games. Even then, however, I still couldn't force myself to finish the game.

Strangely enough, some time after that I bought Platinum and enjoyed it a lot. I managed to find some Gen 4 Pokémon which I really liked, and eventually my whole team besides Gengar was composed of gen 4 characters.

Overall, gen 4 just doesn't have as many pokémon that appeal to me as the other generations do.
For whatever reason, I never really liked the gen IV pokemon--it could also be because none of the games impressed me, the other way around, or a little both.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gen II pokemon
but I REALLY DISLIKED the games because they felt, slow, limited, and frustrating (levels didn't seem balanced and pokemon were limited. It didn't feel 'new' enough").
Gen III is my favorite overall, and probably pokemon wise too.

In order (just for pokemon designs)
`Gen III (can't help it personal bias ♥)
`Gen VI (I know it's too soon to tell but I've been very impressed so far!)
`Gen II (great designs!)
`Gen I
`Gen V (I don't dislike 5 at all, it's just very hit/miss regarding pokemon. I ADORE 10 of them, and hate probably 10-15 of them. The rest are okay/meh.
`Gen IV (something about it, sorry :U)
Best to Worst:

Gen II
Gen I
Gen V
Gen III
Gen IV

DOn't know about the newest one yet, but the Megas are still really putting me off (as are a number of other new additions). It looks like the game will be pretty tops, though.